Keeping constant modding easy and clean

BlackZero500

Hey there. I really dont know if what im about to write here is seen as common knowlege and im going to be a fool for being exited but i just had a revelation of game changing proportions.

if you are like me and are using daimods and Frosty mods, and are changing configurations or mod setups quite frequently like me(for example deactivating some for Black Emporium, adding new mods, etc) than you are most certaintly frustrated about the whole procedere of remerging your daimods. Allways correcting the mod order, again and again configuring the Configurable mods like svartys and so on. And most of the time we are doing allways the same. But here i found a solution to this so we just can start the Daimod manager and click merge.

First (sounds simple but man that took long to hit me): The Mod manager loads in the mods in Alphabetical filename order. So you can just add 00 - 99 or something at the beginning of each mod to predefine the loadorder.

Second: you can open all Configurable mods with Notepad++ and change the default values to the ones you want. Sometimes thats a bit of work but its worth it.

When you done both, then you can just load up the Mod Manager and click merge without a second thought. Without worrying about load order or configuration.

Like i said, those infos sound basic and like it could been common knowlege, but i never found anyone mentioning this aside from the occasional hint to predefine the configurables. Maybe i can make someones life easier.

PS: Please excuse my grammar and confused writing, gone without sleep for nearly 3 days now.