Turning a creature into a race

Bernt

How do you make a new creature for New Vegas? Or how do you turn a creature into a race for making a certain NPC look very different?

For the past almost 4 weeks I've tried turning Lily - and Tabitha- into humans. But no luck until now. I've tried with the GECK and FNVEdit in order to make a human copy - as I've found out I can do turning Veronica into a muscle mountain. But creatures and races go together as oil and water in the GECK.

My latest try was making an exact - or as exact as I can do- human copy of Lily. I used "player.placeatme" at Jacobstown. And she appeared. But just stood there. No dialogue - nothing. I tried to copy script etc etc. But until now no luck.

I've tried adding a human skeleton to Lily instead of the smspinebreaker nif. But no........ "painting" the skeleton using nifscope just turned up a static blue torso where Lily was supposed to be. And that was the best of umpteen tests!

I'm an aboslute noob in nifscope. And know nothing of Blender at all. I work with assetts I've been allowed to use by the modder who made them originally.

Yes - I have tried Google. But I haven't found anything useful until now.

Any ideas, guides etc will be most welcome because I'm about to give up.

Are you trying to make humans with supermutant bodies? What's the overall goal here?

As you have discovered, NPCs and Creatures are two different things as far as FNV is concerned. NPCs have facegen data which changes the morphology of their face and tints their skin, as well as custom eye colors and hairstyles/hair colors. Creatures have none of that. NPCs also have separate heads and hands. Creatures generally have a single mesh, for their bodies at least (mutants have clothing options as different parts and there are a lot of robots that have mix and match parts).

You can try creating a new race using one of the muscle bodies, then maybe tint the skin green using GIMP or Paint.Net to create some custom skin textures.

Let me know what your ultimate goal is here and I can probably help you out.

Thank you Madmongo

No - it's the other way around. I want to turn Lily into a human - bodybuilder/muscle girl race, to be exact. But it is still the race vs creature issue I run into.

I managed to "paint" the proper .dds file using Gimp. And did a copy of Veronica - like this:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/99192741@N07/33889745518/in/dateposted/

What I try to accomplish is making Lily look this way - though with another face. Not a Veronica clone :smile:

I am - sort of- keeping Zomb_Killer's "Muscle Girl" mod alive on the New Vegas side of Nexus. And work with whatever files I had on my drive when he took down the mod. I wrote him and he's given me the go ahead to fool around :smile:

What I HAVE done so far with it is here: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60731

By now I'm mostly sort of finetuning it to make it more user friendly. But then sombody put this crazy inde into my head.... :facepalm:

Cheers - Bernt :smile: