Vortex and mods on SSD or HDD?

I've just had an SSD installed and I've been able to set it up so that my games stay on my HDD but I can play them through the SSD. What I really want to know is whether I need to move Vortex or my mods over to the SSD, or are they fine to stay on the HDD? Will I also need to move my game saves over, or will it be able to find them on the HDD? I am a complete noob when it comes to SSDs, so please be gentle with me.

It's just another harddrive, works exactly the same as standard drives, just a LOT faster.

The game plays from where it is installed, if it's installed on the HDD, that is where it is loading from. On games that you frequently see loading screens, installing the games to the SSD is a REALLY good plan. If you are doing steam games, I *think* it has a tool to migrate your game storage to a different drive. Also, depending on what game you are playing, these days, they put the save games in your user profile, in the stock windows location. (usually C:\Users\whateveryourusernameis\documents\my games\game name\saves)

Are we able to have the game use different drives simultaneously? Like having Fallout 4 installed on one SSD with a pretty much vanilla Data Folder, MO2/Vortex on another SSD with all mods installed through it?

I've just had an SSD installed and I've been able to set it up so that my games stay on my HDD but I can play them through the SSD. What I really want to know is whether I need to move Vortex or my mods over to the SSD, or are they fine to stay on the HDD? Will I also need to move my game saves over, or will it be able to find them on the HDD? I am a complete noob when it comes to SSDs, so please be gentle with me.

Pretty interesting questions IMO. I expect results might be quite disappointing if some of the game data were on an HDD as the read speed would likely hold things back(assuming this is something that can generally work perfectly fine, using multiple storage drives) but this could be interesting if we could separately use the read speeds of 2 SSDs.

I do migrate some of the contents in the MO2/Downloads folder that aren't going to be needed frequently, like mainstay mods that won't get uninstalled and aren't likely to need to be reinstalled.

and I've been able to set it up so that my games stay on my HDD but I can play them through the SSD

I'm curious, how does that work?