Trouble Assigning Load Order: Vortex 0.17.11

Barbara917

I am modding Skyrim SE with Vortex 0.17.11 on Windows 10 Pro x64 with 32GB of RAM and 143 plugins in the load order.

In short, I am having difficulty setting the load order for two specific plugins. No matter what I do Vortex does not honor the rule I set yet issues me no error messages about cyclic redundancies.

In specific, I am installing Relationship Dialogue - RDO Final and RDO - CRF + USSEP Patch. The download file on the Nexus page contains two separate and incompatible .esp patches and it is up to the user to select the .esp they need. Doing so I extracted the .esp for the patch and stored it into a 7zip archive file. Then drug the file into Vortex to install it. This patch is for Cutting Room Floor and Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch. Upon installing and enabling the RDO - CRF + USSEP Patch it is placed above RDO in the load order. After setting a rule that Relationship Dialogue - RDO Final must load before RDO - CRF + USSEP Patch and deploying the plugins Vortex sorts RDO into load order 131 and the patch into load order 40.

I am new to modding. I try to follow instructions as precisely as I can. In general, when I hit a glitch I assume user error on my part and look for what I have done wrong. I feel that there is something I simply do not understand about this load order business. I don't know what it is I am doing wrong. I can supply my full load order if that is needed.

I am modding Skyrim SE with Vortex 0.17.11 on Windows 10 Pro x64 with 32GB of RAM and 143 plugins in the load order.

In short, I am having difficulty setting the load order for two specific plugins. No matter what I do Vortex does not honor the rule I set yet issues me no error messages about cyclic redundancies.

In specific, I am installing Relationship Dialogue - RDO Final and RDO - CRF + USSEP Patch. The download file on the Nexus page contains two separate and incompatible .esp patches and it is up to the user to select the .esp they need. Doing so I extracted the .esp for the patch and stored it into a 7zip archive file. Then drug the file into Vortex to install it. This patch is for Cutting Room Floor and Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch. Upon installing and enabling the RDO - CRF + USSEP Patch it is placed above RDO in the load order. After setting a rule that Relationship Dialogue - RDO Final must load before RDO - CRF + USSEP Patch and deploying the plugins Vortex sorts RDO into load order 131 and the patch into load order 40.

I am new to modding. I try to follow instructions as precisely as I can. In general, when I hit a glitch I assume user error on my part and look for what I have done wrong. I feel that there is something I simply do not understand about this load order business. I don't know what it is I am doing wrong. I can supply my full load order if that is needed.

This is puzzling because I have exactly the same RDO setup that you have, and RDO Final is 34 and the RDO patch is 57 in my load order. Both plugins are in the default group. I have 123 active plugins.

Did you deploy after installing and enabling the mods?

Do you have any LOOT flags beside either one of the plugins? If so, what do they say? (If you have not already done so, enable "Flags" using the little gear thingy on the upper right hand side of the plugins page.)

What group is RDO Final assigned to? What group is the RDO patch assigned to?

Edited by Augusta Calidia

@Augusta Calidia - Yes I did deploy. Both esp's are in the default group, the only flags are that they have been verified as clean.

@1ae0bfb8 - Thank you. I simply followed the instructions on how to post pinned at the top. Are you the same individual as on the Sim Settlements forum?

@Old hand - I am asking for help. It would be profoundly stupid (never mind rude) to curse at those from whom I am seeking help.

@rmm20 - I was working on that screenshot.

However, I have been working on my load order most of the afternoon. I downloaded the latest version of Loot to crosscheck its results with Vortex and I have also been checking on and installing compatibility patches for other mods in my load order. LOOT's load order is identical to Vortex's after all that work. But, I also realised while working on another part of my load order that I have been routinely setting the rules on the mods page but that it was also possible and in fact necessary for me to set the rule at the plugin level on the plugins page. So I attempted to set the rule on the plugin page and I haven't been able to do it. The plugins are separated by about 60 other plugins with a lot of scrolling in between. I literally haven't been able to drag that dependency icon from one plugin to the other. I am feeling really stupid here. Is there some other way to set the rule between two plugins other than dragging one plugin dependency icon to another?

@Augusta Calidia - Yes I did deploy. Both esp's are in the default group, the only flags are that they have been verified as clean.

@1ae0bfb8 - Thank you. I simply followed the instructions on how to post pinned at the top. Are you the same individual as on the Sim Settlements forum?

@Old hand - I am asking for help. It would be profoundly stupid (never mind rude) to curse at those from whom I am seeking help.

@rmm20 - I was working on that screenshot.

However, I have been working on my load order most of the afternoon. I downloaded the latest version of Loot to crosscheck its results with Vortex and I have also been checking on and installing compatibility patches for other mods in my load order. LOOT's load order is identical to Vortex's after all that work. But, I also realised while working on another part of my load order that I have been routinely setting the rules on the mods page but that it was also possible and in fact necessary for me to set the rule at the plugin level on the plugins page. So I attempted to set the rule on the plugin page and I haven't been able to do it. The plugins are separated by about 60 other plugins with a lot of scrolling in between. I literally haven't been able to drag that dependency icon from one plugin to the other. I am feeling really stupid here. Is there some other way to set the rule between two plugins other than dragging one plugin dependency icon to another?

Did you try Verdigo's suggestion?

Anyway, if all else fails, do this:

• Cancel whatever rule you set
  • Assign the RDO patch to the group "Dynamic Patches," which is a late loading group.

Let us know what happens.

Mod page rules don't necessarily require a corresponding adjustment on the plugins page. That's because the mods page deals with install order (file conflict resolution between meshes, textures, etc.), and the plugin page deals with load order (plugins). I've been using Vortex over a year now, and I've never had to make a special plugin adjustment as a result of mod conflict rules that I set. If any adjustment was needed, Vortex integrated LOOT took care of it.

Edited by Augusta Calidia

It is not obvious how you open the Plugins detail page.

For the plugin you are interested in, double click it. The flyout detail window will open.

You can do a lot of things there. The Dynamic Patches category is a new Loot thing. All plugins in that category go to the end.

You can also set specific load order numbers - but that is not recommended. Very special cases.