REQUEST Usable Terminals

Oxbor

So, terminals are pretty lame yeah? You can only read stuff, but what about actually being able to type stuff and save it? So like in every player home available, there will be a terminal and chair (for comfort) and you can access the terminal. It will ask for a password that you can put in with a max of like 10 characters or something i dunno. It will accept whatever password you put in and then it will show the typical terminal menu with a thing called "Add New File" or something. It will then create a new file and ask for a name, you put the name of the file and then start typing away whatever you want. Once you exit the file it automatically saves, once you exit the terminal it automatically locks itself with your new password. And if you have more than one player home, you can still access the same files on every terminal in those houses. Now why would this be useful, well not really lol, I guess for roleplay stuff. One use I can see though is if you have a brother or friend or whatever that uses your fallout save and you want to write down some important info and don't want him seeing it. Dumb idea and waste of time but... yeah.

EDIT: Fallout NV has multiplayer right? I just realized this mod could be used for that. So basically still allow the terminal for singleplayer, but on multiplayer its a little different. For choosing a password, it will give you a list of passwords that is already in the game. This is because Im also thinking players should be able to hack your terminal, and if you have a custom password like "p3n1scr3am3r6969" thats going to stand out from all the other passwords the game shows during hacking.

Edited by Oxbor

I think someone has already created a pipboy logbook mod. I don't know if it still exists or not, and it works with your pipboy and not a separate terminal. I don't know if that's close enough for what you want.

Fallout New Vegas does not have multiplayer. There was some work being done on a multiplayer mod. I don't know if they ever got it working or if it is still being worked on. I think it might be abandoned.

I think someone has already created a pipboy logbook mod. I don't know if it still exists or not, and it works with your pipboy and not a separate terminal. I don't know if that's close enough for what you want.

Fallout New Vegas does not have multiplayer. There was some work being done on a multiplayer mod. I don't know if they ever got it working or if it is still being worked on. I think it might be abandoned.

Yeah yeah Ik NV doesnt have multiplayer, I was referring to the mod.

Also I don't think it exists anymore, I looked for it and nothing popped up.

EDIT: NVM https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58447?tab=files FOUND IT

Edited by Oxbor