Vortex is BAD, sorry Nexus.

GeminaLuna

Errors upon errors upon erros. Manual download only!?? I have a really good rig but my system literally crashed when I imported my mods to Vortex WTF!??

I'm reading that someone had their game destroyed after importing..

NMM was the best mod maneging program ever. Worked like a charm. Always. Why change it for this unfinished product? Aren't you modding Bethesta games? Don't you know first hand how terrible it is when a company that you trust, release unfinished products?

Guess it's "stay offline" in my good old NMM..

Rant over..

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted34304850

do you have a problem, as far as i can tell, this is just a post of nonsense and hearsay.

if you have a problem then by all means feel free to describe it so that people can try to help you. you might also want to put said post in the vortex support forum.

if you don't have a problem, then so long and thanks.

Guest deleted34304850

while its not compulsory, it would be strange if you simply popped up with a stream of conciousness that contains zero detail and zero facts and loosely applied your issues solely to vortex. I'm going to suggest that a lot of the problems you face are probably because you're unfamiliar with vortex and haven't invested any time educating yourself about how it works and how you can get started with it, without compromising your modded games.

if you do have a problem, and your post suggests you do, then surely it's best to post about it, so that if someone else has the same problem, they can feel like they're not alone. also, if someone knows how to fix said problem, they can give you advice to help you.

i thanked you because i'm polite. it's a manners thing.

Errors upon errors upon erros. Manual download only!?? I have a really good rig but my system literally crashed when I imported my mods to Vortex WTF!??

NMM was the best mod maneging program ever. Worked like a charm. Always. Why change it for this unfinished product? Aren't you modding Bethesta games? Don't you know first hand how terrible it is when a company that you trust, release unfinished products?

Rant over..

Vortex is good. Easy to use. Easy to understand. Good documentation. Perfect for +400 mods in Skyrim SE. Perfect for managing load order. Learn how to use it before complaining.

Rant over..

Manual download only!??

Nope, simply not true, and all the steps to set up Vortex to download from the Nexus are also explained in detail in the Knowledge Base under "Getting Started"---->"Downloading from Nexus Mods with Vortex", which shows that you didn't read that section, because you would've been all set up by now to download with Vortex.

Was it that same guy who had that thing happen somewhere, sometime about something that had to do with that thing that happened that one time?

I've heard that too.

NMM was the best mod maneging program ever. Worked like a charm. Always

Actually, it was awful, it didn't DO anything, it let you mess up your load order and didn't tell you anything about it.

The rose colored glasses don't make NMM a good "managing program", mainly because NMM didn't "manage" anything.

It would hard overwrite texture and mesh files, and if you installed those things in the wrong order, you had to uninstall them and start over again.

With Vortex, if you do that, all you have to do is change the rule from LOAD BEFORE to LOAD AFTER, or vice versa, and Vortex automatically restores the overwritten files for you, without you having to uninstall and reinstall the mods.

Vortex also tells you which mods have a file conflict, something NMM was incapable of doing, and only had a remedial ability to do that upon install, which was only reversible by an uninstall/reinstall.

I'm not sure why people keep calling Vortex an "Unfinished Product", or saying "Vortex is still in Beta", when NMM IS STILL IN BETA and UNFINISHED.

All of your concerns and problems are currently being caused by you not learning Vortex and instead "Pining for the Fjords" of that mythical land of NMM where everything "Just Worked"

Vortex = Keurig Coffee Machine

NMM = Funnel nailed to the wall

I enjoyed the passive-aggressiveness here.

While Vortex is a good program (Could use some improvement.) Her complaints do not warrant such rude responses, and in truth could contribute to some valid faults, such as what she said with importing. You can say any bug report is hearsay, that doesn't make it any more or less hearsay, especially considering she had a similar issue.

Maybe next time actually try to be of some use and find out the issues she's having instead of heading straight to the defensive. It's called providing insight. It's not that hard to execute.

Hadtoregister had partially the right idea with the points of education about Vortex, but very poor execution. Don't assume passive aggressiveness when you have no insight into the actuality of her situation.

Edited by KnightofWill