Done trying, willing to pay

Geo2lite

i love skyrim, been playing the vanilla version for years and recently (year and half) i bought a gaming PC and started to mod it. Thing is, no matter how many hours (im talking about day and night sessions) i research how to Mod skyrim perfectly, clean it up, make the load orders right, and tweak it, skyrim will still randomly crash at moments. i have about 150 mods, and i think the max is around 260 (i might be wrong) and yet its not stable enough. only example is just crashing at random moments. i could play for hours and it wont crash, and other times i could just randomly fast travel, crash. load through a door, crash and even save it'll crash, all at random moments and places (random because ill go to the the same place twice and it wont crash). is this normal? or could you actually have a skyrim with this amount of mods and be sure you'll never crash? im even willing to pay for help lol. i attached my load orders, and if theres any mods that would cause harm, lmk! (ITS IMMERSIVE ENOUGH)

PC Specs

Intel-core i7-6700 [email protected]

NVIDIA GTX 1070 8gb

16gb RAM

I would say that the best solution is a Mod List. If you choose a reputable one it will give you a great curated list of mods as well as an explanation on the overall installation procedure including how to get everything to work well together. I'm fairly new to Skyrim but it appears to have a high need for Merging & Conflict Resolution Patches as well as require some advanced usage of the various mod tools including xEdit, zEdit, Wrye Bash, etc. The best way to get into this as someone new & previously unfamiliar is to follow a detailed guide that includes this part of the procedure. You can learn a ton by following a guide and it can otherwise be pretty hard since making it all work will usually require some specific knowledge on the more complex mods, avoiding problematic mods, both of which you won't already have when coming in as a new player.

I use Lexy's LOTD SSE: https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/User:Darkladylexy/Lexys_LOTD_SE
But since this is for Legendary Edition there is an (older)version of the same guide for that here: https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Darth_mathias/SRLE_Extended_Legacy_of_The_Dragonborn

I wish I could list some more known good guides but all of the ones I know of are for Special Edition. I'm a latecomer to Skyrim and just went with SSE. Additionally, though it might be simply because I have played the game much more, but I find Fallout 4 quite a bit easier to get into and manage as a mod user. I use BiRaitBec's Modlist on Fallout 4, from there I just added lots of settlement stuff. I have been able to get by without merging plugins or other advanced stuff, I generally just use xEdit for almost everything.

i love skyrim, been playing the vanilla version for years and recently (year and half) i bought a gaming PC and started to mod it. Thing is, no matter how many hours (im talking about day and night sessions) i research how to Mod skyrim perfectly, clean it up, make the load orders right, and tweak it, skyrim will still randomly crash at moments. i have about 150 mods, and i think the max is around 260 (i might be wrong) and yet its not stable enough. only example is just crashing at random moments. i could play for hours and it wont crash, and other times i could just randomly fast travel, crash. load through a door, crash and even save it'll crash, all at random moments and places (random because ill go to the the same place twice and it wont crash). is this normal? or could you actually have a skyrim with this amount of mods and be sure you'll never crash? im even willing to pay for help lol. i attached my load orders, and if theres any mods that would cause harm, lmk! (ITS IMMERSIVE ENOUGH)

I hear it's kind of normal, LE has more limitations due to being 32bit and SSE having other engine fixes too I believe. You might want to consider Skyrim Special Edition. It's commonly on sale, I had to buy it due to never bothering with the DLCs on the original but I paid like $5 or something in a Steam Sale last summer.

254 plugins since there are 256 total slots but [00] is reserved for base game, [FF] is reserved for dynamic references generated in game though the number you can add reduced by 4 more for the slots used by Update.esm and the DLCs. This tends to be problematic since for instance my Skyrim SE install before merging had 580 plugins and my Fallout 4 install has 350 plugins. What is on the newer games is the new Light Plugin. They reserved [FE] slot so it's one fewer slot for ESP/ESMs but you can have multiple light plugins with ~2000 or fewer records each.

I could be tired and missed it, but with that many mods you really need a Bashed, TES Edit Merged, or Smashed Patch. Out of these, for Skyrim I believe Mator Smash is the most powerful currently. That should help reduce conflicts a lot...good place to start your troubleshooting.

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, it IS a Bethesda game... I love them to death, but even an unmodded game will crash.

Heck, when I get fed up with the PC version, I'll pop over to 360's Oldrim and THAT has freezing issues.

It's always good practice to weed out conflicts and such, but don't get discouraged when the most rock solid seeming game still has the odd crash here and there.

Edited by JerisEnigma