I regret booming their rockets! Help fully restarting with "Come Fly with me"

leotheEliteMajor117

Hi guys, so I have a mod installed called FPGE, by Kazopert which is rising to fame but I kinda spoiled myself a bit when I saw someone else playing the mod and when he was going to Novac, the whole town got irradiated without helping escape the bright followers to their holy land. Reasons why I'm posting this right now is that, Novac gets destroyed without the followers which for me, is a bit bad since Novac was a growing settlement. I needed the bright followers to help them when I finish the whole game but I kinda made Chris Haversam plant some Sugarbombs and an igniting agent and boom, bright followers died, Novac died at the end.

Can anyone help me fully restart the quest? I tried resetquest command but all the characters disappeared in the game world! I hope this is possible because I am never gonna run into that basement full of "violet physically un-seeable demons" at repconn!

Also will this change the ending when I restart a quest? I also restarted the whole brotherhood quest thing so that McNamara is elder(he's still named "knight" even though he is still the elder, while Hardin is named "Elder" even though he is head paladin after restarting every BoS quest).

Edited by LabroLEO

• 3 weeks later...

I read the description and it was sorta clear that it is best to install this BEFORE THE BATTLE FOR THE DAM.

Granted it does not say exactly when:

To install this mod, you can either install it using a mod manager of your choice, or you can manually install it yourself by placing the ESM in your New Vegas directory, it's that simple, however, ensure that this is done before the Hoover Dam battle as if done afterwards, it may cause oddities.

... okay, I do not understand. I "refreshed" and logged out and back in and it will not post the 2nd part of my answer, so here it is:

This is where this mod comes in. After two weeks, Hoover Dam is taken over by the respective faction and the fighting stops, the Kings will get eradicated by the Legion, if alive, the Brotherhood of Steel will take over Helios One and patrol the roads, and the Great Khans will evacuate their camp, taking everything with them. This is only a small portion of what can take place however, and there are a massive amount of things that change based on how you play.

This part of the mod description suggests ( to my reading ) that you activate this just before you initiate the Battle for the Dam, as it suggests it activates how YOU played your game up to this point.

IF you did indeed have this mod active from the beginning of your game, you might need to start your game over with this MOD turned OFF until the point of the Battle For The Dam.

Yes I know! But the point is, I need to restart this whole quest thing. Also I'm not yet at the battle for the dam. I still haven't finished OWB, DM, and Lonesome road. I restart the quest but Jason or Chris isn't at the place I met them though and I don't get a dialogue from the intercom when I go inside repconn again. They were deleted somehow by the game but I need to find a way for them to go back, reset their dialogue and every point in "Come Fly With Me". Still need heavy details since I restarted the BoS quest line and held McNamara as Elder. Idk what will occur if I restarted a quest I ended with an ending I don't like and ended it again with what I like with FPGE though. Edited by LabroLEO

IFAIK, simply "resetting" the quest stages to the beginning does not completely reverse everything such as objects initially placed before the quest begins. From what you have reported, it sounds like when you completed the quest the first time, it caused a wholesale removeall of all the Bright Followers and various quest related variable states. In which case your only recourse would be to go back to some point prior to starting that quest, or at least some point before you "locked in" the result you now don't want.

This is similar to the situation when you blow up a mine, reload a save file without exiting the game, and the mine is no longer there. You have to fully exit the game so the entire worldspace gets reloaded before the mine "reappears". But things you have moved or destroyed prior to that last save event are not present because the save game file has them marked as no longer where they started out.

I realize this is not what you desire, but you have to accept that the game is not designed to permit you to "redo" quests. (The console commands are intended for debugging; not playability.)

-Dubious-

@dubiousintent aww man. Guess I have to start a new game again. I really need to be careful and listen to the lore and the Mojave's needs so I can't feel regretful next time though thanks for letting me know this guys :). All in all, I can say: "Ah sh*t, here we go again."