Hey guys i need some help.

Hey guys, i keep on getting this error that says "Fallout: New Vegas does not appear to be installed and the installer could not be found. Try exploring to your DVD-ROM drive and selecting setup.exe to install the game." I've tried reinstalling my game, uninstalling my game and running the game as an administrator. If you had similar problems please let me know.

Which vendor version: Steam or GOG?

Please see the 'Issue - Application load Windows errors' entry under the 'Solutions to Starting the game problems' section of the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" article.

That error sounds like whatever you are using to launch the game is not finding the registry entry pointing to the game install folder.

* Did you install Steam to it's default location? If so, please see the wiki "Installing Games on Windows Vista+" article for why the original default Steam behavior of installing games to the "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files(x86)" folder tree was bad (they learned better, and don't do that any more); and why "disabling UAC and running as Administrator" is NOT sufficient, with instructions how to move it. This is the single most important thing you can do to fix and protect yourself against problems in the future. As much of a PITA as that is, it's never going to be any easier than now. System updates often cause issues with games installed to these folder trees. Please see the 'Restoring to "Vanilla"' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article as well.

-Dubious-