Heavy Traffic ×

Newb Question Probably!

Bikerdruid

OK Look I've been playing for awhile now and been really enjoying playing with different mods.. What I really want to know now is whether or not there is a way to give y character a different body than the NPC's with NBAIO. I'm serious I want to play around and edit textures making my character look different without seeing every other Human Elf Or Dwarf appear the same LOL.

There's Nude Variety v4 Custom Bodies for All, but (as the name indicates) it only affects nude meshes, and only those for player and companion characters. Clothed or Armored, everyone will still have the same bodies. And it can cause serious game-breaking bugs (such as preventing scripted events from triggering), that can trash a playthrough... it's not something I like to recommend or even point people to, but there it is. Caveat modder and all that.

Edited by theskymoves

The only reference in the character file (UTC) is a pointer to the model used for the character (Human, Dwarf, Elf; female or male). Those race/gender models are then codified elsewhere (probably in a GDA; that's where that kind of info usually is, though I haven't looked at body models specifically).

Like I said Newb question but I do appreciate your time. I have made a few weapons and armor pieces in the toolset but I haven't posted anything because I am still not real sure how to make the ERF LOL. I have some erfpackers but no instructions for use or instlling located in my computer. Because I downloaded a bunch over a year agao right before my Mother got sick and I had to cvare for her... then nothing until about a month ago I think...

I come bearing good news!

The toolset generates the ERFs for DAzip mods, when the mod is exported as a Builder-to-Player package, and DAO override mods don't need files packed as ERFs, so that wouldn't be an impediment to sharing your efforts, should you feel so inclined... so no ERF packer is needed.

Like I said Newb question but I do appreciate your time. I have made a few weapons and armor pieces in the toolset but I haven't posted anything because I am still not real sure how to make the ERF LOL. I have some erfpackers but no instructions for use or instlling located in my computer. Because I downloaded a bunch over a year agao right before my Mother got sick and I had to cvare for her... then nothing until about a month ago I think...

I've given it some more thought, and upon further consideration, I will say that, at least in concept, it might be possible to expand the range of body models available, as DarthParametric did with his modder's resource adding new appearances for NPC children (Additional Clothing for Kids)... modders have also had some success adding new item categories (shortswords and armour types, for example), as well as expanding the limited range of some equipable types by duplicating the item categories.

Whether it could be done in practice is, however, a question better answered by someone a lot smarter than me. :ermm:

Edited by theskymoves

Well Posting my efforts is a point that is no longer an Option In trying to post it I was asked if I had permission and hen I checked the source of the weapons design I found out I can't get permission so I had to stop the process.... But that's OK I would rather stop than be accused of pirating their work the earned the right to say NO... When they went to the trouble of creating the Mods for us...

Revised he got back to me and I am in the Process of Posting them now LOL Not much but I am still Glad I was Able to make them in the Toolset.

Edited by Bikerdruid

I've given it some more thought, and upon further consideration, I will say that, at least in concept, it might be possible to expand the range of body models available, as DarthParametric did with his modder's resource adding new appearances for NPC children (Additional Clothing for Kids)... modders have also had some success adding new item categories (shortswords and armour types, for example), as well as expanding the limited range of some equipable types by duplicating the item categories.

Whether it could be done in practice is, however, a question better answered by someone a lot smarter than me. :ermm:

I will have to look into that Thank you