Help porting preset to SSE

kaymre

I've been using AVA as my main character for years in Oldrim, thanks to the preset posted by Valmorrowind in the mod's comments section. I changed the face in racemenu and was very happy with the results...

But now that I switched to SSE it doesn't work anymore :sad: I tried changing the esp form to 44, using Nif Optimizer and installing the required sse mods as I did in Oldrim but it crashes as soon as I start the game... probably because it replaces ECE's esp directly. Loading the json preset alone for the ygnord race doesn't work either :wallbash:

Any chance someone knowledgeable in modding could port it to SSE please?

As an experiment, merely overwriting the Ygnord male head parts (both meshes and textures) with their female counterparts, and then loading the .nif in Racemenu, seems to work - somewhat. There are still a few issues with the face, but perhaps someone else can help you there.

I would suggest trying this, assuming you are familiar with the racemenu face sculpt feature.

download the original oldrim follower mod, extract to desktop.

search for these files

[Desktop\AVA Follower-59053-1-1\meshes\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom\_YoungHuman.esp\0000182D.NIF]

and

[Desktop\AVA Follower-59053-1-1\Textures\Actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceTint\_YoungHuman.esp\0000182D.dds]

copy them to [(your mod directory)\SKSE\Plugins\CharGen]

Now from this point you should already have the .json file in place and all the required mods from the preset to work.

You can safely remove the ECE.esp from the 'preset mod' to avoide overwriting conflicts (shouldnt need it anyway since we are using racemenu)

Now if all is in order you should be able to boot up skyrimSE, jump into racemenu and you want to choose the face sculpt tab on top right of screen, should be last option available.

now once you are in this screen the first thing you need to do is click the bottom middle box area where is says 'smooth' 'deflate' and click so it scrolls to the left until you reach 'Mask Add'

Once that is selected you want to just trace the bottom of the neck on the head to the left of the screen with your mouse/cursor (this avoids neck seems when importing a head.)

Once the entire lower neck has been surrounded, now at the bottom of the screen click the "Import Head" option, then find your preset and load it.

Now this is when you want to back to the presets tab and load the .json file.

I hope this helps/works for you!

Thank you both, unfortunately it seems this preset is using the female head on the male body so the usual methods won't work.

Valmorrowind's file includes lots of head mesh and texture replacers, so if I try to load the nif and the jslot without adding those, Racemenu shows lots of missing female face parts and the loaded face is ugly. If I also load the replacers (with or without the esp), I get a CTD. Same if I use the Sse Nif Optimizer.

OK, so this is what i got when installing the files in this order (That preset file didnt give me a CTD at all so you may have another issue..)

..skse

..all my stuff

..AVA Preset

..ECE for SSE

Note: I do not have the required hair and makeup mods installed so clearly things dont look right lol, also this is on a vanilla nord, not the yngnord body.

Edited by ldrifta