[WIP] The Siege of Firebase Zulu

someguy2000

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome. Screw NVBIII, this sounds fantastic. I know everyone can expect amazing work and a worthy addition to the Fallout universe if you're developing.

Out of curiosity, is the pro-Legion option you mentioned pro-Legion because it just involves attacking the NCR, or is it more along the lines of actually collaborating with the enemy? I'm thinking along the lines of the Legion side of I Put a Spell on You, where the player is acting as an NCR contractor but actively sabotaging the NCR.

Out of curiosity, is the pro-Legion option you mentioned pro-Legion because it just involves attacking the NCR, or is it more along the lines of actually collaborating with the enemy? I'm thinking along the lines of the Legion side of I Put a Spell on You, where the player is acting as an NCR contractor but actively sabotaging the NCR.

My plan is to have a "point of divergence" in which a Legion-friendly player can commit to assisting the Legion, though I haven't decided whether it will include a series of sabotage missions in the vein of "I Put A Spell on You", or simply an abrupt about-face.

In truth, the pro-Legion perspective has been on the sidelines while I focused on implementing the main quests. Furthermore, there is some nuance to the Legion in FB Zulu, particularly if Caesar is dead. As Marcus and other NPC's explained, Caesar's death would likely culminate in a vicious power struggle within the Legion. I'm hoping to illustrate the incipient stages of that conflict, as the Legion commander, Tribune Marcellus, has designs of his own, and quite a history with Lanius (they are not on speaking terms, to put it mildly).

Nothing is nailed down, however. I may alter the design as this unfolds.

Thanks for the support!

Edited by someguy2000

Q: What's with the title?

A: It's a play on a little-known Vietnam film, The Siege of Firebase Gloria...

I haven't seen that movie in years but I remember it was pretty good.

Really looking forward to this. Keep up the good work.

It's good to know others appreciate

. Sorry, the NCR won't have close air support.

I've watched The Siege of Firebase Gloria as well. Definitely one of R. Lee Ermey's best and unknown performances.

Edit: WOW! I thought BBD was going to be the last great F:NV mod. As for the Tribune Armor, I would suggest something from Caesar's New Regime.

Edit: This mod reminds me of a little mod I think was called "51st Cohort" or something. I wonder what happened to that mod.

Edited by JUSTIYT1

I've watched The Siege of Firebase Gloria as well. Definitely one of R. Lee Ermey's best and unknown performances.

Edit: WOW! I thought BBD was going to be the last great F:NV mod. As for the Tribune Armor, I would suggest something from Caesar's New Regime.

Edit: This mod reminds me of a little mod I think was called "51st Cohort" or something. I wonder what happened to that mod.

Caesar's New Regime looks like a nifty mod for Legion-oriented characters, but I'm just not sure if that's what I'm aiming for. It's fine time I finally quit making excuses and learned to mix and match some armors on Blender. God knows there are ample tutorials out there. I'm pretty comfortable doing basic re-textures, so modeling is the next step, I suppose.

I'm unfamiliar with 51st Cohort, and a cursory search didn't turn anything up.

Anyway, thanks for the support!

@tredmillion,

Thanks - enjoy Sword of Sigdan, BTW. I saw your comments, let me know if anything is out of whack.

Edited by someguy2000