Vortex will not ever login correctly even one time now

RockenJenAnn

Everytime I try to log back into Vortex now, I click "Authorise" over and over and over again only for it to finally send me to blooooody Vortex and kick off and say it timed out when my Internet is literally well over a Gigabyte per second, so I got "manual login", and that's where Vortex must be having a laugh, right? Because I copy the Vortex API and go to paste it, and guess what? Vortex doesn't allow right-clicking in that dialogue box, so I can't open a dialogue box to paste the API. It doesn't automatically grab it, but it sure doesn't say anything but "paste" the link, so after about an hour, it finally logs in, but not by my hand. It logs in BY ITSELF, just wayyyyyyyy later. So, what's going on here?

And before you lost the plot over it, don't get me wrong, I love Vortex. As I tried it out, I thought about proposing, but it is a proper application, and it's ample improvement from NMM.

What we have here is a failure to communicate...

Under what conditions do you click "Authorize"? I have never seen that.

Where do you see "Manual Login"? I have never seen that...

What are you calling the Vortex API? That is the internal protocol for linking from a mod manager to the nexusmods server. I have never seen it.

And I certainly have never had a reason to copy / paste it anywhere...

Backing up a bit, did you go to the Nexusmods web site in a browser and log in?

Did you start Vortex and click Log in, and use the same name and password you used on the web site?

OK - I am making progress. I logged out from Vortex and was not logged into nexusmods.

Now when I click Login on Vortex, it opens a browser window to nexusmods.

What you are calling the Vortex API is actually the URL to nexusmods.

Logged into nexusmods and it gives me the Authorize button.

Clicked the button and done. Closed the nexusmods window.

Vortex remains logged in.

I suspect you had some server hiccup. Try it again.

Edited by rmm200

What we have here is a failure to communicate...

Under what conditions do you click "Authorize"? I have never seen that.

Where do you see "Manual Login"? I have never seen that...

What are you calling the Vortex API? That is the internal protocol for linking from a mod manager to the nexusmods server. I have never seen it.

And I certainly have never had a reason to copy / paste it anywhere...

Backing up a bit, did you go to the Nexusmods web site in a browser and log in?

Did you start Vortex and click Log in, and use the same name and password you used on the web site?

OK - I am making progress. I logged out from Vortex and was not logged into nexusmods.

Now when I click Login on Vortex, it opens a browser window to nexusmods.

What you are calling the Vortex API is actually the URL to nexusmods.

Logged into nexusmods and it gives me the Authorize button.

Clicked the button and done. Closed the nexusmods window.

Vortex remains logged in.

I suspect you had some server hiccup. Try it again.

Okay, your blindness is not my fault. I always sign in on my browser first, and then I open up Vortex and hit "SIGN IN." It's really quite clear. And then it loads up a little dialogue box where it brings me to the browser and I must click "AUTHORISE," and then Vortex comes back to the front, and simply exits the dialogue box, WITHOUT logging me in. I then repeat this process a few times, before a new option appears in said dialogue box called "Manual Login," I select that, and it says I must copy a "Vortex API Link" from the new Nexusmods.com link, and paste it into the box to login. And that's a quote: "VORTEX API LINK." Quite clearly. I'm not missing any spelling. I did NOT call it an "API link." Vortex called it an API Link.

Perhaps I need someone actually familiar with Vortex to help me, because you're little fantasy about how this is solved is quite ignorant and quite unhelpful.

Edited by RockenJenAnn

[...] Vortex doesn't allow right-clicking in that dialogue box, so I can't open a dialogue box to paste the API. It doesn't automatically grab it, but it sure doesn't say anything but "paste" the link, so after about an hour, it finally logs in, but not by my hand. It logs in BY ITSELF, just wayyyyyyyy later. So, what's going on here?[...]

You may have a point here about the right-click thing. I've always used Ctrl + V on the keyboard when testing this feature (which does work).

I'm not sure why Vortex would "log itself in" after a log period. Perhaps something was blocking it's connection to our site and it finally let it go through?

By the sound of it the login box disappearing after you click "Authorise" implies Vortex received the API key it needed, however you are not truly logged in until Vortex has sent a validation check for that key. This is a quick connection to:

https://api.nexusmods.com/v1/users/validate 

If you have any security software that logs things it filters you may want to check for that address.

Edited by Pickysaurus
made the URL clearer

"...and with that little rant, i can see that you are hideously entitled, and ungrateful and undeserving of any help at all, so i've aded you to my ignore list.

i hope you find the help you deserve."

--said by five year old

Funny, that sounds pretty entitled to me.

Edited by RockenJenAnn

Why did you unnecessarily quote all that other stuff above when you weren't even responding to them?

I guess I have nooooo idea what I am doing?... I keep "qouting" to reply to people and it just goes crazy. I'm hella dumb, that's all.