Chargen Compiler won't see DA:O files

So, my game has started crashing right before you enter the tower of Ishal. A viewer asked if I had compiled the Chargen files for DAO and after discovering I hadn't, we tried to run the compiler. Except it could not find any chargen xml files for DAO. I got the path right because it did find chargen files for DA2 and compiled them with no issue.

However, when I search for chargenmorph in windows, I do get results but it's not picking up any chargenmorph files at all.

Should I make a default chargenmorph file or double check my mods for a chargen file? I have a LOT of mods but have gone through and I apparently don't have a chargenmorph file anywhere in core/override

The chargenmorphcfg.xml (or lack of one) wouldn't cause crashes in this situation, because the only time it is used by the game is during player Character Creation. (Sometimes I wish I could track down the first person who offered that up as a panacea for all DAO ills, and slap them with a hunk of that pink fleshy goo that's all over the Mage's Circle tower.) Now, if you don't have a chargenmorphcfg.xml in overide, it's not going to hurt anything if you generate a default one and stick it in there, but I'd bet what little is left of my life that it won't help, either.

Try temporarily lowering the graphics settings and removing any global texture replacers and see if you can get past the initial load of the area, and if that doesn't work, it would help to have a list of mods installed.

Thanks so much! reducing the graphics settings seemed to fix it.

:dance: Glad that worked! Some areas of the game can be pissy when loading in - most notably Denerim marketplace - and for some reason lowering the graphics setting helps.