Skyrim VR modded and Oculus problems? Maybe this will help.

dgenem

My version of Skyrim VR is heavily modded including SKSE (who's is not?) . I was constantly having issues just getting it to run at all without crashing Windoze 10. I finally found a combination from bits of advice from all over.

If it is still possible, download and use the older Steam VR software. And if you get it, back a backup copy of this older VR software. I did this by following this information. https://steamcommunity.com/app/250820/discussions/0/1741101364288717349/ I forgot to mention, Skyrim VR properties, tell it NOT to update unless you start it. This should help prevent it from updating it right back to the new version.

Unload all side programs you do not need in game. Do you need your keyboard flashing colors while playing?

Exit the Oculus software and do not start the Steam VR app. Just run the Skyrim VR SKSE shortbut directly and go in. The reason I say that is also so you do not directly activate the Skyrim VR and trigger it updating and screwing things up again.

That is it. After weeks of getting it to occasionally work, this is the procedure that is working for me now. No jitters, failed launches, dogs and cats sleeping together, random crashes or computer lockups. SO FAR AT LEAST (fingers crossed).

Hope this helps somebody. If not, please post stuff that works for others. Sometimes I think Steam just does not like us modded VR users so they release VR updates when mine was never broken! :D

As of this edit, this method is still working for now. I guess it has something to do with my mods, Oculus, system setup, and SKSE creating this mess for me.

Edited by dgenem