Locked Out of DAO Ultimate Edition DLCs

FIREFLY11

Hi, I'm having a problem that I'm not sure if others have encountered. I purchased DAO Ultimate Edition for my new gaming PC & installed the main game & the DLC, but I am locked out of the DLC content except for Awakening. It says that the user (me) is not authorized to access it. I created a Bioware account to try to remedy it, but I am still locked out. For the record,this is a physical copy of DAO UE & am using a DVD drive connected to my PC via USB & I have Windows 10, not Steam. I don't know if that makes any difference over downloading the game, but I would be most grateful for any light anyone can shed on this.

--FIREFLY11

Is the game patched to 1.05? There was an issue with the DRM validation of DLC, specific to the Ultimate Edition, that was fixed by that patch. The Origin download version is pre-patched, but AFAIK, physical copies require manual patching.

Download here.

See also the stickies (or search the posts) here, for more info.

Edited by theskymoves

Yeah, my copy is a physical one, so it sounds like I'll have to patch it manually. I'll try that link & see what happens. Thanks so much, Sky! I've been spending so much time learning to add mods (WIP, but I'm getting there thanks to YouTube tutorials) that I didn't notice this until late last night & by then the brain was fried. Again, I really appreciate the help & I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

Best,

FIREFLY11

@FIREFLY11;

tsm's information (in this, and the other topics you've started) is completely accurate.

Additionally,

1. I *highly* recommend replacing your retail disc install with the EA/Origin one instead. All the current game-and-DLC account authorization processes are designed around that version, and it makes a lot of things (like verifying your entitlements) a lot easier. And this advice is coming from someone who paid for DA:O three times. (Don't ask...) And who has done full un-/re-installs of every version (retail disc + all DLC, retail disc of the UE, and EA/Origin UE) more than once. (Definitely don't ask!) You'll get v1.05 automatically that way too. Just un-install the game and then log-in to Origin and choose "Origin ==> Redeem Code". Enter your CD-Key from your disc version and you'll be good-to-go. And you'll never have to worry about losing the manual or your code again, since the game will be registered to to your EA account. (NOTE: The d/l is a bit over 24GB!)

2. You might get some useful information about the various kinds of DA:O mods from this article on the Nexus wiki: Using Dragon Age Mods for Dummies.

3. Happy (modded) Gaming! :thumbsup:

Update: Thanks so much guys! I installed the patch & everything is now enabled. I've learned my lesson. The next time I want to buy a game for my PC, I'll DEFINITELY do a download! If I ever get to the point where I can create mods myself I'll dedicate my first one to you guys. : )