The Age of the Dragon

Naktis

"Elgar..." the elf slowly murmured, taking another smoke of her pipe. "How templars catch anyone in this city is beyond me."

There was the long pause again in which Alaila spotted a giant entering the inn, her eyes wide and the pipe hanging loose in her hand.

"What is that?" she asked quietly Thomas, pointing at the odd newcomer. The elf didn't remember much from her life in the alienage and traveling with the Dalish, she had never encountered a Kossith before. She knew some basic lore about them - but someone would have to point a finger at the giants and tell them they are Kossiths for her to fully grasp the thought.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Illadriel leaned on her hands and for a moment watched the mysterious woman, smiling slightly. "They could pin the blame on me for as long as they wish but the thing is: I don't care." She kept watching the woman. How little this woman knew. "Grey Wardens are not without authority, you know."

For a moment she stared at the now empty tankard on the table. "For all you know, maybe I came here on official Grey Wardens business. I only need to tell the Templars that these people are with me and everything will be solved. The Chantry might supersede us in many things, but not when it comes to darkspawn and believe me, just because the Blight has ended that doesn't mean that they are not the problem. In the Deep Roads they're always the problem."

She looked up when she heard the doors opening. What she saw was actually surprising. She was not expecting to see a Qunari here, not after the invasion that happened here several years ago.

Thomas also looked up when he noticed an unusual visitor. "That's one of Qunari people." The mage explained. "I'm surprised you didn't know. They had a compound here in the Docks then there was also the battle with them but luckily the Champion of Kirkwall saved the day."

Edited by Naktis

By the time he reached the table they were all staring at him, not that it really mattered, as that happened all the time. The one he was looking for was the female elf with a tattooed face - she had the taint.

He looked down and addressed her with the deep, monotonous voice so recognizable of his people.

"You," he said as he nodded his head in her direction, "You smell of death and impurity. You do not belong here."

Alaila slowly nodded, extinguishing her pipe and putting it away in a small bag she kept on her belt.

"I didn't grow up here." she simply said as the reply, examining the creature that had walked in. With horns and his massive built, it looked more foreign to her than dwarves or humans did. Not to mention that it looked pretty hostile to her, but that could be just her paranoia talking.

"I've heard about them, I just didn't know what one looks like." the elf tucked a lock of her reddish hair behind her ear, sitting up straight in her chair so she could whisper quiet enough for nobody to hear her.

"And where does that tunnel leads to? Outskirts of the town or somewhere deeper in the wilderness?" she asked once she was sure nobody was listening.

Thomas for a moment stared at the Qunari wondering what he wants from the Dalish Warden before turning his attention back to the red-haired elf. "It has sever exists actually. One leads to the outskirts, the other ones deeper."

Illadriel continued watching the Qunari which was addressing her. How did he know about the taint? How could he sense it? "Just like you, I have every right to be here." She answered to him, her hand slowly slid underneath the table and gripped the hilt of her dagger. He did not look like the polite sort.

"Like me? I have no right to be here either. As your little puppet pointed out, the Qunari and Kirkwall have a rather tenuous relationship at the moment, if any relationship at all."

He paused for a moment, looking at the elf as though for the first time as her arm moved ever so slightly, hinting at a defensive move.

"Then again, I am no Qunari, as a have turned my back on the Qun to persue truth. You are not my enemy, though you bear their taint. You must be Grey Warden."

Elvira sighed at the wardens arrogance... she though that just dropping the fact she was a warden would solve the problem of her entanglement with the mages... based on how fanatical the templars were turning out to be, Elvira doubted that being a warden would solve all of the problems. After all, if it did, she could have gathered every mage she could find in kirkwall, say to the templars 'they are with me' and everything would be solved... yeah right.

Once the large Qunari came over to the table, Elvira saw it high time to leave the warden, and talk to the pair of mages.

"It's risky going down those tunnels, the Templars have noticed mages going missing... and they are going to start looking for ways out of the city they haven't checked yet." Elvira said, adding her input to the conversation... she wanted to help these people... she could tell that something interesting would happen if she was around them.

"Yes I am one of the Grey Wardens." She replied, feeling rather glad that the annoying woman left. The woman had no idea why she's here and it was quite obvious that she decided that Illadriel is supporting the mages because she knows what Thomas is doing and does nothing about it, even though the only other options meant getting involved in the matter.

The Dalish turned her attention back to the Qunari. "Who might you be and how can you feel the taint?" She was truly curious how the Qunari knew about it.

Thomas stared at the woman that approached them blankly. "And how do you know that we're mages?" He inquired and scratched the stubble on his chin again. "I don't know if you ever heard about The Circle of Magi but even now there are many mages on the run, some turned to Blood Magic, some became abominations and the Templars are busy killing those. You cannot tell if someone is a mage just by looking at them unless they're wearing 'I'm a mage sign'. "

The Mage Underground been active for years and while the Templars knew about it, they never discovered all exists that the mages used, few of them were still undiscovered.

Elvira sighed once more "What is it with hostile people today?" she rolled her eyes and responded "I know your mages because i've been listening to your conversation for quite some time... I'm still over by the bar." She said, gesturing to her decoy. "look, i only want to help, the Templars do me no favours, and mages certainly don't deserve the treatment they're getting. I'm on my way out of this city anyway... and if i can help a mage escape while doing so, well that will keep my conscience clean for a while."

"I am Tal-Vashoth, and I left my name when I left the the Qun. The reason I can sense your taint it related to the reason I am Tal-Vashoth - the Fade."

He took a seat in one of the chairs that were woefully too small for him, allowing his claymore to touch the ground as he rested his hands on it.