Vortex and Editing .esp's with the Creation Kit

doereoh

Hi

I downloaded a really nice custom dagger mod and installed it with Vortex (which is really amazing compared to the mod managers we had years ago<3)!

The mod works great but the damage on the daggers was game breaking. So i did some research and learnt how to edit weapon stats using the Creation Kit!!! I managed to remove OP enchants and change the stats to make them equal to stuff that i can actually craft.

So here's where I am confused...

I have installed a custom wep mod with Vortex. Then loaded said mod with the creation kit, edited it, then saved it. Have i edited the esp that is currently in my game folder? Or the original mod files from the .7z/.zip file installed with vortex?

So if i use disable mod, or even remove the mod completely with Vortex....have i lost my customized esp?

I'm very sorry if I'm not making sense, I am having trouble expressing myself in english! :tongue:

Edited by doereoh

The Creation Kit should have edited the file as found in the game's Data folder. You need to back up your edited version. If you ever need to re-install the mod, Vortex (or any other mod manager) will revert your changes with that which is in the 7z / zip file.

Hope this helps.

It is possible to replace files in a 7z with the 7z utility program. But it may be easier to extract the contents to a clean directory, replace the ESP there and repack into a separate 7z file that indicates it is your modified version. From there you can save both if desired.