[LE] Creating dialogue without voices

Hello!

I recently created a custom follower, who works without a problem in my game, but to add a bit of personalization I would like to give him some dialogue lines.

After following some tutorials I had no trouble creating a few possible prompts, but now my main problem is that this dialogue isn't showing up at all and I think it might have to do something with my settings regarding voice.

Here is the thing - I DON'T want any voiced dialogue, just plain old text. Somehow pretty much all tutorials I found make it a point to record their voice instead of showing how it's done with subtitles only.

I do realize just ticking the "force subtitles" option won't be enough, but I really cannot fine any ressource telling me what exactly I should do.

Apart from that, as already stated, the options for this dialogue do not appear when loading up the game (saved the esp, enabled it), so there might be a fundamental problem. The only condition I set for the answers were the actor (my custom follower).

If someone might have a few tips, help would be very much appreciated!

The subtitles screen time matches voice files duration, so no voice files, no subtitles.

Use Audacity to create some silence wav files of varying lengths, that match display time you want. fuzz em up your done.

or plug a mike into PC, muted it, & used the Kit to record silence while your Saying the lines out loud.

You still need the "empty" voice files, savvy?

The subtitles screen time matches voice files duration, so no voice files, no subtitles.

Use Audacity to create some silence wav files of varying lengths, that match display time you want. fuzz em up your done.

or plug a mike into PC, muted it, & used the Kit to record silence while your Saying the lines out loud.

You still need the "empty" voice files, savvy?

Thank you for the fast reply! I feared this was the problem - just tryied it again (putting a handkerchief over my microphone) and everything works beautifully now. Thank you!

but now my main problem is that this dialogue isn't showing up at all and I think it might have to

Create .SEQ File

1) Download Tes5Edit

:: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25859

2) Start Tes5Edit

3) Load Your Mod ( just double click it in Tes5Edit List )

4) Press Right Mouse on your mod after everything is loaded

5) in List Menu select "Other" and then click "Create Seq file"

.SEQ Files need to be upload with mod, users have to install them with mod to have dialogues

Other way: ( probably not gonna work cause steam is shity s#*! )

1) Open Steam

2) Library -> Tools

3) Right click on Creation Kit

4) "Starting Options" or something, on first page button

5) type "createSEQ <ModName>.esp"

but like i said, using Steam is bad idea

1) Steam sometimes not generating anything, CK just Crash

2) even if Steam generate SEQ file sometimes it still not working

Other things you should set in Creation Kit:

1) be sure that Condition is set to your NPC

:: GetIsID < Your Npc ID > == True // 1 ::

2) be sure that your Quest is on 40 or higher priority

:: Other mods may overwrite your dialogues cause i dont want to f*#@ with others mod i set

>> 85 for Dialogues

>> 90 for Quests

>> 95 for Main Quests

>> 100 to Force dialogue

3) Your quest Start at Game start

you can also add new Script to player

i sometimes add script that start my Main Quest "QLG_CardinalQuest"

and this quest starts everything in my Mods but for this you will need some scripting knowledge

but its most safe way in my opinion :x...

it maybe stupid to ask buy... have u turn ON Subtitles in Game Options?

isn't showing up

What exacly you mean by this?

- No dialogue options with NPC?

- No dialogue lines after dialogue option choice?

something else?

but now my main problem is that this dialogue isn't showing up at all and I think it might have to

Thank you for the in-depth answer, I have to apologize though, I already resolved this problem. I did all the things you listed but the problem was actually that I created a new esp file for the dialogue, instead of just using the follower.esp. That, and maybe the fact that I didn't record any lines, either one of these were at fault. But everything works now!