Transferring Mods from NMM to Vortex with limited harddrive-space

DayDragon

Hi, this is my first time posting on the Nexus Forums, but I hope someone can atleast offer some insight or even help.

I am currently trying to transition from Nexus Mod Manager to Vortex to manage my mods for Skyrim.

My issue is that when I try to import mods from NMM to Vortex using the tool, it tells me that the mods are copied instead of moved.

I currently have about 20 GB of space on my SSD (C:) and both Skyrim, NMM, Vortex and all my mods are located on that disc.

An idea of mine is to move the installation of Skyrim from my SSD to a harddrive with much greater capacity via Steam, but I am uncertain and quite worried what that could do to my setup.

Any ideas or tips is much appreciated, unless it's with a bad attitude.

Hi, this is my first time posting on the Nexus Forums, but I hope someone can atleast offer some insight or even help.

I am currently trying to transition from Nexus Mod Manager to Vortex to manage my mods for Skyrim.

My issue is that when I try to import mods from NMM to Vortex using the tool, it tells me that the mods are copied instead of moved.

I currently have about 20 GB of space on my SSD (C:) and both Skyrim, NMM, Vortex and all my mods are located on that disc.

An idea of mine is to move the installation of Skyrim from my SSD to a harddrive with much greater capacity via Steam, but I am uncertain and quite worried what that could do to my setup.

Any ideas or tips is much appreciated, unless it's with a bad attitude.

Honestly, you're better off staying with NMM, and waiting to transition to Vortex with a newly installed game, because NMM tends to corrupt the files that Vortex needs to import your setup.

You can download the newest version of NMM by clicking the INSTALL VORTEX button, and scrolling ot the bottom of the page and selecting NMM "COMMUNITY RELEASE"

20 gb, is pretty small space for mods, I know a few of my mod folders are anywhere from 38 - 66 gigs

NMM-Vortex.jpg