Eye Color for all Characters is Black! Is This a Glitch?

FIREFLY11

I just started my first playthrough campaign for DAO UE but have encountered something odd. In the character creator when it comes to the eye color selection, it only shows the character's eyes as solid black, no matter where I move the arrow. Furthermore, all of the eyes of the NPCs are solid black as well. I know this may seem minor, but it kind of spoils things by making everyone's eyes seem dead & shark-like. I tried installing the Pineapple mod for eye color to see if that would make a difference, but nothing. When I view DAO mods on Nexus, it shows the characters with their proper eye color. Likewise if I watch a mod video on YouTube. I have Windows 10 & not Steam & my game is a physical disc & not the download; not sure if that makes a difference. Any suggestions on how to make the characters look like themselves would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

FIREFLY11

Uniformly black eyes usually result from the 'Graphic Detail' setting being set to 'Low'. (And also too low. :wink:)

To change that setting, from the main menu, open 'Options', and then the 'Video' tab. (You may also have to up the 'Texture Detail' setting, if any of your replacers are hi res.)

Edited by theskymoves

Thanks once again for saving the day Sky! I made the tweaks you suggested & everything is fine now--the characters no longer look possessed & it also fixed the background to not look so grainy. My monitor is an high resolution HD one, so that was why the standard game setting did this. If you aren't getting a salary for all the help you give to everyone on this site, you should! : ) I would have written back sooner, but I had a bit of a dental emergency (luckily it turned out well). Public service announcement to everyone reading this: Get regular x-rays when you go for a check up!

Best regards,

FIREFLY11

Best,