Crashing whenever I try leave building?

garvey123

I've recently started a new playthrough of new Vegas, it all works fine however the moment I leave Doc Mitchells house the game crashes at the loading screen, (Side note another issue appears to be that I can't holster my weapons, idk if this is related however), my current mod load is as follows:

-4GB Fallout NV Updated

-UIO User interface Organiser

-NVSE Scripts

-Orange Tint Remover

-Poco Bueno Texture Pack

-NMCs Texture Pack

Could one of these mods be causing the issue?

I'd normally chalk it up to PC specs and so on however New Vegas has run fine before so I'm at a loss for options here.

More likely you appear to be missing some "essential" mods, like NVAC. There is a list in the "FNV General Mod Advice" article linked below.

We REALLY need to see your sorted "load order" as produced by "LOOT"; to include the main game and DLC files. With modded games its the sequence, not merely the list of mods, which is the cause of many problems. LOOT's sort gives a good first approximation, correcting the most obvious issues and is sufficient for most players. You can make minor adjustments to the order and tell LOOT how to remember them. It's in the on-line documentation under "Metadata". Instructions on how to copy it's list for posting are in the "How to ask for help" article, and "Checklist Item #11' entry in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

Please see the 'Vanilla Load Order' entry in the 'First Timer Advice' section; and the 'Common Game Problems' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

If the problem persists, then see either the 'Solutions to Starting the game problems' or the 'Solutions to "Crash To Desktop" (CTD) problems' sections in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

I recommend anyone read the entire "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article to understand the differences between this game and others you may have experience with; especially if this is your first attempt to play a modded FNV or it's been more than a year since you last did so.

If you need further help, Please provide ALL the information requested in the wiki "How to ask for help" article. Don't forget to identify things that do not appear in the "load order", such as if you are using a "regional language version" of the game (even if you are playing it in English); using the FNV4GB Patch, NVSE and it's related plugins; replacements for textures (specifically their larger image sizes: 1024x1024, etc.), animations, or "bodies", etc.; and "post-processors" like ENB or SweetFX. It saves us playing "20 questions" and gets you a more specific answer more quickly. (The usual turn-around on post and reply in an older game forum is 24 hours.)

* See "How to markup images (etc) in forum posts and comments" article for how to use "Spoiler tags". LOOT already includes those tags in the "load order" it copies to your clipboard, so you can just paste it's list into your post.

-Dubious-