Fallout76custom.ini patch 1.1.5.7

Mortadella

Hey friends,

I can't figure out over google and this board, how the correct lines for the custom.ini atm should be written.

Hopefully someone has fast easy help for me, because i new stuff of the game is invisible for me.

My Custom.ini lines atm are:

sResourceStartUpArchiveList = SeventySix - Interface.ba2, SeventySix - Localization.ba2, SeventySix - Shaders.ba2, SeventySix - Startup.ba2, SeventySix - 03UpdateMain.ba2, SeventySix - 03UpdateStream.ba2, SeventySix - 03UpdateTextures.ba2, IconTag.ba2

and second line:

sResourceArchive2List = SeventySix - 00UpdateMain.ba2, SeventySix - 01UpdateMain.ba2, SeventySix - 00UpdateStream.ba2, SeventySix - 01UpdateStream.ba2, SeventySix - 00UpdateTextures.ba2, SeventySix - 01UpdateTextures.ba2, SeventySix - MeshesExtra.ba2, SeventySix - GeneratedMeshes.ba2, SeventySix - 02UpdateMain.ba2, SeventySix - 02UpdateStream.ba2, SeventySix - 02UpdateTextures.ba2, SeventySix - 03UpdateMain.ba2, SeventySix - 03UpdateStream.ba2, SeventySix - 03UpdateTextures.ba2, BetterInventory.ba2, BagGlow.ba2, Glow.ba2, BobbleGlow.ba2, PerkLoadoutManager.ba2, NoCombatArmorStar.ba2, DarkReconRifleScope.ba2, MapMarkers.ba2, DarkReconPistolScope.ba2, darkpipboy.ba2, Silentchameleon.ba2, Diranars_PALight_Up.ba2, IconTag.ba2

Edited by Mortadella

If you go to your \Bethesda.net Launcher\games\Fallout76 folder and open the Fallout76.ini file you can get the updated code.

You want to copy the entire sResourceArchive2List section (see below) and paste it to the Custom.ini file. You will need to copy the new segment after every patch, but be warned, as more patches come the fewer mods will be able to load. This is a line break limiter in the code that is already affecting a few of us.

[Archive]

sResourceArchive2List = SeventySix - 00UpdateMain.ba2, SeventySix - 01UpdateMain.ba2, SeventySix - 00UpdateStream.ba2, SeventySix - 01UpdateStream.ba2, SeventySix - 00UpdateTextures.ba2, SeventySix - 01UpdateTextures.ba2, SeventySix - MeshesExtra.ba2, SeventySix - 02UpdateMain.ba2, SeventySix - 03UpdateMain.ba2, SeventySix - 04UpdateMain.ba2, SeventySix - 02UpdateStream.ba2, SeventySix - 03UpdateStream.ba2, SeventySix - 04UpdateStream.ba2, SeventySix - 02UpdateTextures.ba2, SeventySix - 03UpdateTextures.ba2, SeventySix - 04UpdateTextures.ba2, SeventySix - GeneratedMeshes.ba2, SeventySix - StaticMeshes.ba2, SeventySix - 05UpdateMain.ba2, SeventySix - 06UpdateMain.ba2, SeventySix - 05UpdateStream.ba2, SeventySix - 05UpdateTextures.ba2, SeventySix - 06UpdateTextures.ba2

Hey friends,

I can't figure out over google and this board, how the correct lines for the custum.ini atm should be written.

Hopefully someone has fast easy help for me, because i new stuff of the game is invisible for me.

sResourceStartUpArchiveList = SeventySix - Interface.ba2, SeventySix - Localization.ba2, SeventySix - Shaders.ba2, SeventySix - Startup.ba2, SeventySix - 03UpdateMain.ba2, SeventySix - 03UpdateStream.ba2, SeventySix - 03UpdateTextures.ba2, IconTag.ba2

and second line:

sResourceArchive2List = SeventySix - 00UpdateMain.ba2, SeventySix - 01UpdateMain.ba2, SeventySix - 00UpdateStream.ba2, SeventySix - 01UpdateStream.ba2, SeventySix - 00UpdateTextures.ba2, SeventySix - 01UpdateTextures.ba2, SeventySix - MeshesExtra.ba2, SeventySix - GeneratedMeshes.ba2, SeventySix - 02UpdateMain.ba2, SeventySix - 02UpdateStream.ba2, SeventySix - 02UpdateTextures.ba2, SeventySix - 03UpdateMain.ba2, SeventySix - 03UpdateStream.ba2, SeventySix - 03UpdateTextures.ba2, BetterInventory.ba2, BagGlow.ba2, Glow.ba2, BobbleGlow.ba2, PerkLoadoutManager.ba2, NoCombatArmorStar.ba2, DarkReconRifleScope.ba2, MapMarkers.ba2, DarkReconPistolScope.ba2, darkpipboy.ba2, Silentchameleon.ba2, Diranars_PALight_Up.ba2, IconTag.ba2

Ah ok, nice to know.

Thank you a lot!

Hey friends,

I can't figure out over google and this board, how the correct lines for the custum.ini atm should be written.

and second line:

Ah ok, nice to know.

Thank you a lot!

You are welcome. Something to expect, the 1024 character limit is causing issues with mods. Essentially, you can have up to 1024 characters in one mod line, after that limit, any listed mods will not load. With the base ini growing, this means fewer working mods until we start repacking them into a single ba2.

until we start repacking them into a single ba2.

is this something that we can potentially do fairly easily ourselves? Like if I just took all the mods I'm currently using is there a guide I could follow to pack them into a single ba2? Or is it a very complicated process

until we start repacking them into a single ba2.

is this something that we can potentially do fairly easily ourselves? Like if I just took all the mods I'm currently using is there a guide I could follow to pack them into a single ba2? Or is it a very complicated process

Unfortunately, I have to say no. I tried it and it failed miserably. However, the trick now is not to use the old method at all. Delete the entire archive2 listing and use **sResourceIndexFileList = mod1, mod2, mod3** instead. No more needing to modify your custom.ini every patch.

Edited by wolfmoonstar