Theory of Relativity?

Fkemman11

I have cold now, so I started to ponder (under influence of this thread) why am I feeling always worse in the evening and during night, so I developed a theory that sickness is actually influenced by fazes of Moon in conjunction with Black hole, which spreads dark energy into universe and during dusk it is being transmitted until down. Because everytime anyone shows pictures of dark hole I start to feel sick and dizy.

phases of the moon ? Thats good .... ya that is exactly why I go off the deep end on my posts.

The damn moon people are always trying to get me to vote for them.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone help me understand this? I am writing a book and am trying to figure out how time will be measured in the future when we are living on different planets. Will the galaxy be divided up into time zones like we have now? Or will it be much different?

It depends on different new planets and their rotation speed, both around their own axis and around the star they circle. If there's a couple of planets relatively close to one another and/or the communication technology has advanced such that despite the vast distances communication would be instant, then the clocks could more or less be synchronised.

But, looking at the military on Earth, they use what is known as "Zulu-Time" which is a clock that is the same all over the world. This is done so that there's no possible time misunderstandings when armies in different parts of the world have to do some co-ordinated missions that are relying on synchron accuracy. A 'universal' clock can be maintained just the same.

• 2 months later...

Time is where you are. Time on Mars is different than that on Earth as the same is true for Venus. All three are with in the Life Zone of our Star.

Some planets travel around their star faster and / or slower than Earth.

Here is something I learned being an armchair astronomer - Dear Einstein's theory is just that a theory. Actually I would suggest more a hypnosis, if we are honest.

I had asked some friends, PhD's in Astrophysics and such if Einstein's theory had ever actually been proven?

... Short Answer: NO.

... Long Answer: " Jj, we actually do not know what would happen as we approach and / or went FTL? We have no idea at all. "

As for stars - " they say it's Xxx.xx light years ( LY ) from Earth. Based on what measurement and when?

Ponder this for 30 or seconds. We are told the Universe is EXPANDING. So the light that we are seeing is based on when? Maybe we will find that a star we think is 4.5 LY's from Earth is actually 3.2 and / or 8.2 or so LY's from Earth.

Because if the Universe and the Milky Way is part of said Universe, could all those stars been much closer and we are seeing them " then " verse ....?

Isn't this fun!!??!??!