SKY UI error code 1

bman3396

Hello I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff. So I downloaded the newest version of the Skyrim script extender from the official site for the special edition. I followed the instructional video for the version of game I used as well. The game launches fine but when I load a game this message appears

SKYUI error code 1 the skyrim script extender [skse] is not running .skyui will not work correctly,this message may also appear if a new skyrim patch has been released ,in this case wait until the skse has been updated ,then install the new version[see skyui mod description for details.

Not sure what I did wrong here, the game is launched via the skse loader, steam is opened in background. The UI still works, it's just very slow when I bring it up. Can anyone tell me what might have gone wrong?

Guest deleted34304850

hi, this is the support forum for vortex. you're probably going to get a better answer putting your question in the skyrim forums.

Did you by chance install SKSE using Vortex or did you install it manually? I had this issue when I installed SKSE through Vortex but corrected it with a manual install (following the instructions in the Readme).

I did it manually, aka download from website>extract>copy files over to the skyrim folder> ran it.

I always start the game with the skse64 loader exe, so not sure what issue is.

Hello I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff. So I downloaded the newest version of the Skyrim script extender from the official site for the special edition. I followed the instructional video for the version of game I used as well. The game launches fine but when I load a game this message appears

SKYUI error code 1 the skyrim script extender [skse] is not running .skyui will not work correctly,this message may also appear if a new skyrim patch has been released ,in this case wait until the skse has been updated ,then install the new version[see skyui mod description for details.

Not sure what I did wrong here, the game is launched via the skse loader, steam is opened in background. The UI still works, it's just very slow when I bring it up. Can anyone tell me what might have gone wrong?

This is a common problem and easily searchable.

Run SKSE as an Admin

This is a common problem and easily searchable.

Run SKSE as an Admin

Well I managed to solve it before reading this, but apparently I somehow screwed up the manual set up even though I followed the instructions, both given by the red me and the video. I eventually got annoying and just dropped it into vortex, and apparently that solved it, also fixing nothing appearing in my mcm as well