Is there an enhanced foot mesh that is compatible with Mature Skin? I have the version for the Vanilla body, but realized too late that the stripes of white across the toes and ankles were more than just a trick of the light. Please save me from the horror of Bethesda's cube-like feet. :sick:

I curse the day I first noticed my characters had neck seams. It took forever to find a skin that had a realistic aged appearance. And now, to be undone by a foul foot mesh!

I hope this is in the right section. If not, I apologize. I would have asked on the mod page, but it was removed a couple of months ago.

Edited to add topic tags.

Edited by Lollia

Because looking at skin mods was traumatizing enough? :dry:

For example, when I searched for a replacer skin for males to get rid of their neck seams, there were options like "cut", "uncut", etc... What does any of that mean? :ermm: They don't shave their armpits or something? :unsure:

Then reality hits: :confused: :mellow: :ohmy: :facepalm: Then I had to figure out what in the world SoS stood for... :ohdear:

There's a foot replacer for males for the vanilla body. Why not for women? What is so wrong about using the vanilla body? :wacko:

Edited by Lollia

I tried out FemFeet, but the texture I'm using doesn't match up for some reason. Looking at the FemFeet meshes in NifScope, it appears that the lines which separate the individual toes are stretched out across and underneath the feet. There are also odd patches of milky white colour and some seams that arise from the sole of the feet to a little above the ankles.

I would not normally double-post, but I have a new query to make: After much testing with every foot mesh mod I could find (none of which worked for either the vanilla body or for the skin texture I'm using), I have come to the conclusion that I will indeed have to seek out a body mod.

Since my only experience with body mods is rolling my eyes at many of the images that the Nexus hosts on the front page for certain follower related mods, I simply want to inquire if there is a body mod that is similar to the vanilla body for females? No watermelon chest, no outlandish proportions...that sort of thing.

And I'm guessing that I will have to replace many of my armor mods? I use mods that add sleeves and leggings to many of the vanilla armors, so compatibility with them is important to me.

I'll begin searching myself when I get the chance, but if anyone has any suggestions as to what I should be looking for (based on the criteria above), please let me know. You'd be saving me some time. And a headache.

Thank you for reading.

I use CBBE, mainly because I feel it is a tiny bit less idealized than UNP, but you can be the judge for yourself. When you install it, you get 3 choices for body type, slim, vanilla, and curvy. I use the vanilla setting and it looks fine. Keep in mind you will have to reinstall your skin textures because CBBE comes packaged with it's own. Has it happens, I use Mature Skin in my game as well :)

As far as armor goes, it's been my experience that most armors fit both CBBE and UNP just fine, the only time I've run into issues is with armors that show a lot of skin.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

I am sorry to reply so late, saurusmaximus.

I did follow your suggestion and downloaded CBBE. I then decided to check the meshes in Nifscope before placing them in the game and found, much to my surprise, that the CBBE variant of Mature skin does not match up with the foot meshes of CBBE. I am quite puzzled.

I went back and looked at the CBBE author's page and read a little bit about Bodyslide. That has it own CBBE meshes, right? Was I supposed to download the Bodyslide meshes instead? :confused:

To think all this drama is because Bethesda couldn't be bothered to give their characters proper toes! :huh:

Edited by Lollia

I fixed it! :dance: I have individual toes once more! :dance:

I took everything from CBBE and Mature skin apart and did a full manual install. I can now play as a barefoot mage pitted against the deadly perils of Frostfall yet again. :wub:

Thank you so much, saurusmaximus. :yes: You have been wonderfully patient with my melodramatic nature. I am truly thankful for all of your help.