Lush Forests of the Rift SE

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

Mahine1

Mahine1

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 126 posts
Halp! Trees look beautiful and lod matches color with sselodgen. But the lods are small, and pop into bigger trees as soon as I get close. Any way to get the sizes to match? Thanks!

P.S. the pregenerated lods result in half-cut trees when used with sfo. I think your sfo lods reference is a bit outdated. Your mod is the only reason I'm fiddling with lodgen, and I'd rather avoid that if possible.

zeknapain

zeknapain

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,361 posts
In response to post #71370753.

Spoiler

First of all the sizes should match because the text file that goes with the billboards has the specific scale to match the tree size.. That means that something interferes with that (probably billboards from another mod you didn't know you have) Solution: Unpack the billboards file and manually copy+paste them in the Data/Textures/terrain/LODGen/Skyrim.esm folder and replace whatever is in there with the same name.. Re-run SSELODGen after that..

Second the pregenerated LOD is deffinately up to date with SFO. The cut trees are a common problem in Skyrim modding and it simply means that you have another mod that provides tree LOD atlas and it conflicts with my atlas..
Solution: Either find the tree LOD file in your mod list and delete it (probably from SFO), OR again unpack the pre-generated SFO LOD file from my mod and manually copy+paste it in the Data/textures/terrain/tamriel/trees folder and replace the atlas in there..

For un-packing files I recommend 7zip. ;)
Doing either of those solutions should 100% fix your issue :D

Edited by zeknapain, 02 July 2019 - 09:06 AM.

Lathalias

Lathalias

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Wow, this mod is absolutely amazing. The rift feels like a completely new place i can get lost in. Any plans to do the rest of the trees in skyrim? Endorsed.

Mahine1

Mahine1

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 126 posts
In response to post #71370753. #71371088 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

just checked the tamriel tree lod files between this mod and sfo. there are more differences there than color. in your file, some of the pine trees are smaller, and there are more trees overall, which led me to believe that yours may have been out of date. Is that normal? Thanks

zeknapain

zeknapain

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,361 posts
In response to post #71370753. #71371088, #72486218 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Of course it's normal, and it is up to date with 2.72d SFO update (the latest)..
The difference is that I made better billboards with more advanced tools for some pines and snow pines, and that's why the atlas looks different..
Don't look at it as an image, just go in game and check it you will see no difference in pine sizes or number of trees just better looking LOD overall..

Edited by zeknapain, 28 August 2019 - 09:37 PM.

zeknapain

zeknapain

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,361 posts
In response to post #72457113. #72520188, #72521788 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

hey thanks for the kind words and glad you like it! :)
no plans for the other trees at the moment, because I am quite happy with how things look with the latest Flora Overhaul for the pines and David's trees for the snow pines..
If you want to see my green trees mixed in other areas of Skyrim I recommend the Dense Nordic Forests mod wich adds aspens to lot's of different areas (and more trees in general) wich in turn become remodelled by my mod and create a big and diverse green forest. :)

Edited by zeknapain, 07 September 2019 - 06:36 PM.

Lathalias

Lathalias

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
In response to post #72457113. #72505298 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

No problem, it's well deserved. Ill definitely check out that mod, hopefully it works well with 3d trees. I've always loved huge dense forest in games, especially since I play a lot of ranger characters.

Lathalias

Lathalias

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
In response to post #72457113. #72505298, #72520188 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Tried out dense nordic forest. looks amazing, especially with your models. Thanks for the recommendation.

SpookyDovah

SpookyDovah

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts
This is really gorgeous, I have added a good few trees across Skyrim and now it feels like a real forest. I have a house mod in the Rift through a cave in it's own worldspace and this changes the trees in there too so it's cohesive across the board <3 using it with Veydosebrom spring and together they are gorgeous. Thanks :)

zeknapain

zeknapain

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,361 posts
In response to post #72891928.

Spoiler

Hey thanks for the kind words! :)
I'm glad you are enjoying the mod!

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.923 seconds