• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Blackjack7439

Blackjack7439

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Sorry if this is the wrong forums, I suck at navigating forums of any kind.

Tried to login to NMM, wanted me to authorize with an api (key?) thing. Not 100% sure what that is, clicked authorized NMM waited a few seconds, and got a window saying "authorization failed due to network issues", clicked ok, another popped up saying "authentication failed for unknown reasons, check trace logs(whatever those are/wherever they are)" anyways cant login.

Attached File  Snip 2.jpg   11.1KB   0 downloadsAttached File  snip 1.jpg   8.6KB   0 downloads

Edited by Blackjack7439, 07 June 2019 - 01:03 AM.

somerandomsheepthathops

somerandomsheepthathops

One of the last of his kind

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

I think some site-side changes occurred recently? Something regarding the APIs, NMM 0.7.0 and beyond have been updated to support these, you may need to uninstall NMM and redownload the newest version from Github, or the main site itself.

Github: https://github.com/N...anager/releases

Nexus: https://www.nexusmod...ods/modmanager/

I should say that I uninstalled NMM a few months back in favor of Vortex, so I cannot be certain about this. I hope what I am telling you is correct, but I'd recommend verifying before taking any steps such as uninstalling NMM.

Blackjack7439

Blackjack7439

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I have reinstsalled, im curious about vortex, how alike/easier is it that/to NMM, and can i keep my mods i have rn? Should probably add that no the reinstall didnt work sadly

Edited by Blackjack7439, 07 June 2019 - 01:53 AM.

TheHurtfulsword

TheHurtfulsword

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Reinstalling did not work and I have the exact same problem. It's quite annoying when you're not able to install anything because of an unexplained authorization error. I uninstalled NMM twice in a row, and even got a new update for version 0.70.7, but to no luck did this help. Same exact messages pop up: "Authentication failed due to network issues", which is then followed by "Authentication failed for unknown reasons, check trace logs." right after clicking OK. This is incredibly annoying, and my slow internet connection will never allow me to reinstall all my current mods on Vortex, unless I wanted to leave my computer on overnight for the next 4 weeks.

Edited by TheHurtfulsword, 07 June 2019 - 02:55 AM.

DatKillDoe2

DatKillDoe2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

I am also having issues with this... They need to put this in their FAQs or something if they have the solution cuz Idk what to do.

Dylsosa

Dylsosa

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 1 posts

also having this problem, would be nice to get some answers.

aroissier97

aroissier97

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Brand new to modding since I wanted to replay Fallout 3 with some enhancements. Downloaded NMM and got the exact same issue. I'm following Gopher's modding tutorials and it uses NMM so not being able to use it is a bit frustrating. Hope it gets figured out soon.

Edit: Issue seems to have been fixed, when you log in it will ask you to authorize and take you to the Nexus website to authorize. I can now login

Edited by aroissier97, 08 June 2019 - 03:22 PM.

Blackjack7439

Blackjack7439

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hey everyone, real quick update, I was able to login. I felt like trying to login, and clicked authorize, and it actually worked. So I'm good now, I recommend you guys to try logging in now as well.

leroy2u

leroy2u

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Fix for me.  Deleted User/ Self/ AppData/ Local/ Black_Tree_Gaming  folder.  Run the nexusClient it'll search games again then I hit the Authorize and it poped open the browser to nexus authorize page to click the authorize nmm to run. Now gold. Hope it helps.  Just time to research all your games

Stranger

• Account closed
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

This is an issue I'm also struggling with. I tried uninstalling then reinstalling, I tried deleting the "User/ Self/ AppData/ Local/ Black_Tree_Gaming" like Leroy2u suggested, tried both the Nexus Mods download and Github download, and I even tried restarting my computer to see if it would resolve any of the network issues that I can get sometimes. I'm not the most tech savvy person, so I'm rather lost as to what options I may have left. I'm not the biggest fan of Vortex, especially the user interface, so I'd really like to stay with the Nexus Mod Manager as long as possible. Please let me know if there's anything that can be done about this. I'm using version 0.70.7.

Edit: Fixed. I did as Serkanix suggested and turned off my ad blocker on Nexus Mods and I was able to connect to my account. If you're having this issue then I recommend that you try this solution first.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nmm, nexus modmanager, cant login, api, failed api authorization

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.214 seconds