• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Athanatos173

Athanatos173

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Edit: Fixed. I did as Serkanix suggested and turned off my ad blocker on Nexus Mods and I was able to connect to my account. If you're having this issue then I recommend that you try this solution first.

This worked for me.

Aleandro3131

Aleandro3131

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I also have the same problem, I'm new to installing mod but I don't know what to do anymore, could you help me?

Psydeffexclone

Psydeffexclone

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Edit: Fixed. I did as Serkanix suggested and turned off my ad blocker on Nexus Mods and I was able to connect to my account. If you're having this issue then I recommend that you try this solution first.

This worked for me.

Excuse me what adblocker? since i am having this issue for an entire month now and it's getting annoying 

Psydeffexclone

Psydeffexclone

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

How I fixed it:

1. Uninstall NMM

2. Log out of Nexusmods.com

3. Reinstall the NMM

4. Log back in to Nexusmods.com

5. Press login on NMM

6. PROFIT

Wow, they finally fixed it, as this method didn't work before hand no matter how many times I did this. It seems Version 70.8 fixed the Authorization to login to the NMM app and they added a fallback to the old way of logging in according to the bug fix log when you update. Thanks so much nexus community! I can now play skyrim again with my hundreds of mods. 

the link your provided is uselesss

JimmyRJump

JimmyRJump

MoralMinority

• Premium Member
  • 11,177 posts

This worked for me.

Be aware that any install of Nexus Mod Manager (NMM) prior to version 0.65.00 will NOT work because of the change in protocols used to open web pages.  Due to European legislation, web page security has changed the HTTP to HTTPS in May of 2018.  Earlier versions of NMM can no loger communicate with the server this way.  Click the link in my sig to update NMM to its latest and (I assure you) working version.  Been using NMM for almost twenty years without  a hassle, so can you...

Psydeffexclone

Psydeffexclone

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

This worked for me.

It didn't work and this problem is driving me insane!

HeyYou

HeyYou

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,460 posts

Try the fix offered by awesomeguy.

Psydeffexclone

Psydeffexclone

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Try the fix offered by awesomeguy.

I already tried that as well and still the same result. cannot login via nmm authentication failed due to server issues. 

Edited by Psydeffexclone, 17 May 2021 - 12:57 AM.

HeyYou

HeyYou

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,460 posts

Check the trace logs, and see if there is anything interesting in there about WHY it failed.

Psydeffexclone

Psydeffexclone

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Check the trace logs, and see if there is anything interesting in there about WHY it failed.

That's another Problem since NMM isn't generating any tracelogs for the log in attempt. the only time it does that when it crashes. and nexus wont even give a new api key.

if anything is the problem is with the nexus site on itself. 

Edited by Psydeffexclone, 20 May 2021 - 03:22 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nmm, nexus modmanager, cant login, api, failed api authorization

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.311 seconds