Creation Kit - Won't Load Mod ESP!!!!

Deleted4782829User

I've been searching for hours now, but i can't find anything related to this and if i can't get this fix, i will give up on modding skyrim forever, no really i mean it.

I'm been working on a vampire castle the past week and now the esp won't load at all.

it gets stuck on "Loading Files Initialization" nothing happens, no matter how much time has past. (i can even navigate the menu while it's stuck.)

Yesterday it worked fine, i save the mod and then i tried to do edit a character when it suddenly crashed, i thought meh and went to bed.

now i can't load the esp past the "Loading Files Initialization" i can load skyrim, update and dawnguard esm without problem.

i have also noticed that when i try to play skyrim it wont load past the intro, but when i remove my mod from the list, it suddenly works.

really f***ing annoying.

The creation kit doesn't freeze or anything it's just stuck, but when i press the close button in the top right corner it crashes, but that might just be because of the initialization thing.

anyway to save this file somehow, i don't get any corrupt messages or anything like that, it just won't load the esp.

could i somehow move the mod to a new esp?

or somehow else make it load?

could it be that the creation kit need more memory? i have 12gbs installed, but i don't know if it need it specified anywhere?

any help is greatly appreciated

Sorry but it makes me laugh when people threaten to give up on Skyrim if someone doesn't help them. I'm sorry you are frustrated, but really!

I recommend you go back to the Creation Kit Wiki, read very carefully the process, especially mod cleaning and worldspace connecting. I hope you have made backup files of your mod, I recommend you revert to a previous version. If you haven't you may need to start again. Every so often make a save with a different version (ex: mymod.a, then mymod.b) and save in a separate folder. It only takes a second and will prevent having to start from the beginning in the case of a corrupt save or major mistake.

Sorry but it makes me laugh when people threaten to give up on Skyrim if someone doesn't help them. I'm sorry you are frustrated, but really!

I recommend you go back to the Creation Kit Wiki, read very carefully the process, especially mod cleaning and worldspace connecting. I hope you have made backup files of your mod, I recommend you revert to a previous version. If you haven't you may need to start again. Every so often make a save with a different version (ex: mymod.a, then mymod.b) and save in a separate folder. It only takes a second and will prevent having to start from the beginning in the case of a corrupt save or major mistake.

No i quite serious, as i put my heart into this and when it does something like this it's like pissing on me.

I remember in Fallout 3, in the GECK, i made a vault with human Cockroaches walking around, i got the human Cockroaches from another mod,

i think it was the costume mod, anyways made it so the costume couldn't be seen by the player and there it was a human Cockroach.

well at that point i went into the game, into the vault and everything worked, the custom merchant and weapons and everything, after that went back into the GECK made a few changes saved.

went back in the game and everything was gone, went back into the GECK and everything was gone as well. After days of trying to regain my work, i gave up and never touched the GECK since.

really f***ed up s***, well that was 4 years ago and i must say that i wasn't the smartest kid around.

well away from that and now to this, apparently i can get into the esp, if i in the detail tab, ignore Everything, so i guess i can only try to pick apart pieces until i figure out what was wrong, atleast there is hope now. :D

oohh you gotta be f***ing kidding me!

all these hours of searching for a solution and a f***ing chest corrupted the file, Jesus f***ing Christ!

ooh maannn, what a troublesome day ^^'

anyways thanks for the help and the positive mood \(^u^

oh and just for someone else who might get similar problems, as i know it's a pain to look through all the forums.

Okay what you need to do is:

1: Copy your mod .esp file, to somewhere else than your data folder so it doesn't get overwritten.

2: open the creation kit

3: Load Skyrim.esm and all other .esm files that your mod uses material from.

Note- i only had to do this the first time for some reason

4: Okay now click file in the top left corner, data and then right click on your mod, this sets it to the active mod

Note- you should know this by now Xp

5: Don't click go! but instead click details, here you'll see the changes that you've made to the game.

6: Now this is the time consuming part, you will now need to select parts of your mod in here to determine what is the cause of the corruption

When you have selected something, hit "delete" on your keyboard, click "yes" on the prompt message and now you've made it so that the change you have selected won't be loaded at all,

this is what helped me.

Note- I recommend just taking huge pieces of your mod at a time, that way you can narrow down the search.

also do remember NOT to save when you find that the mod works, you want to take a screen shot or write down what is selected in the detail window,

as i assume you want to keep all the stuff that actually works, and then keep narrowing down the search.

one last thing, if you want to bring something back into the game, just select it and hit the "delete" key again,

you'll see a little "i" under the ignore tab in the detail window when it's set to ignore.

7:Celebrate!

• 9 months later...

Thank you Vampire Monkey. Your Way worked just fine! I paniced for 10 Sec and then I googled. I found your post and solved the problem very fast, because I knew, what I changed before. Thnaks again!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

No i quite serious, as i put my heart into this and when it does something like this it's like pissing on me.

I remember in Fallout 3, in the GECK, i made a vault with human Cockroaches walking around, i got the human Cockroaches from another mod,

i think it was the costume mod, anyways made it so the costume couldn't be seen by the player and there it was a human Cockroach.

well at that point i went into the game, into the vault and everything worked, the custom merchant and weapons and everything, after that went back into the GECK made a few changes saved.

went back in the game and everything was gone, went back into the GECK and everything was gone as well. After days of trying to regain my work, i gave up and never touched the GECK since.

really f***ed up s***, well that was 4 years ago and i must say that i wasn't the smartest kid around.

well away from that and now to this, apparently i can get into the esp, if i in the detail tab, ignore Everything, so i guess i can only try to pick apart pieces until i figure out what was wrong, atleast there is hope now. :D

all these hours of searching for a solution and a f***ing chest corrupted the file, Jesus f***ing Christ!

oh and just for someone else who might get similar problems, as i know it's a pain to look through all the forums.

1: Copy your mod .esp file, to somewhere else than your data folder so it doesn't get overwritten.

4: Okay now click file in the top left corner, data and then right click on your mod, this sets it to the active mod

5: Don't click go! but instead click details, here you'll see the changes that you've made to the game.

6: Now this is the time consuming part, you will now need to select parts of your mod in here to determine what is the cause of the corruption

When you have selected something, hit "delete" on your keyboard, click "yes" on the prompt message and now you've made it so that the change you have selected won't be loaded at all,

this is what helped me.

Note- I recommend just taking huge pieces of your mod at a time, that way you can narrow down the search.

also do remember NOT to save when you find that the mod works, you want to take a screen shot or write down what is selected in the detail window,

as i assume you want to keep all the stuff that actually works, and then keep narrowing down the search.

one last thing, if you want to bring something back into the game, just select it and hit the "delete" key again,

you'll see a little "i" under the ignore tab in the detail window when it's set to ignore.

Thanks! This was exactly what I needed.

• 4 years later...

this is what helped me.

This day, you are my hero!