Vortex has not updated plugins.txt or loadorder.txt in 3 weeks

justjane0829

I apologize in advance if this is a redundant topic. I wasn't able to locate much information anywhere that helped.

I removed of a couple of smaller mods, went into the loadorder.txt and plugins.txt files (in the "random letters" file) to check out my order and noticed it didn't update. I "deployed mods" several times, shut down/reopened Vortex, restarted my pc, went back to previous save trying to force it. I did not purge mods as I figured that was going to disable all of them and then I'd be back into (possibly) setting rules, groups, etc. I'd rather not go down that road again, if not needed. If anyone has any insight as to why this is happening, I'd appreciate any help. I'm really struggling to go back into more forums and videos again :wallbash:

Hi, there and thanks for the response.

I certainly didn't intend to come off as "obsessing" and I'm aware that active mods have an asterisk in front of them. My curiosity peaked when I noticed mods I'd removed were still listed (with said asterisks), as well as, no new mods being added.

To the best of my knowledge, that is the place where your current mods are listed. I say that because it was the answer I kept finding in forums. I realize that the list doesn't populate every time something is added or removed.

If I'm incorrect, it's cool, I'm just looking for someone smarter than myself with Vortex. It's only something new I noticed.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Hi, there and thanks for the response.

I certainly didn't intend to come off as "obsessing" and I'm aware that active mods have an asterisk in front of them. My curiosity peaked when I noticed mods I'd removed were still listed (with said asterisks), as well as, no new mods being added.

To the best of my knowledge, that is the place where your current mods are listed. I say that because it was the answer I kept finding in forums. I realize that the list doesn't populate every time something is added or removed.

If I'm incorrect, it's cool, I'm just looking for someone smarter than myself with Vortex. It's only something new I noticed.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Which directory were you checking the plugins and load order txt in?

I am having problems with Vortex telling me it doesn't have permission to access those files. Also, FNIS claims it doesn't have permission to access FNIS for users/language\english file. I've made sure to give exceptions to all those files on my antivirus, so I don't have the slightest clue what could possibly be blocking them. Any ideas? This has just cropped up since the latest update.