"Could Be Light"

vyvexthorne

So over half my plugins have the little feather icon next to it indicating that they could be marked as ESPfe.. (which as I understand it doesn't count towards your total active mod count?) Is it actually safe to just mark them all as light or is it more of a "If you need the space you can mark some of these as light .. maybe." kind of thing.

Just for counting purposes.. I currently have 21 light mods and 235 active mods.. out of those 235 active mods, 126 are marked as "could be light." Is it actually safe to just mark all those as light?

Edited by vyvexthorne

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vortex marks them as light because they were marked as Light ESPs by using Xedit or the Creation Kit.

You can't make ESPs "light" by using Vortex.

If you double click a blank feather in the plugins section it opens a window in which there is a button that states.. "Mark Light".. this then changes the status of the mod from active to light. Are you saying this actually does nothing?

States.. "This is a regular plugin that could be turned into a light one. (also known as an ESPfe) when you do this it will no longer take up space in the load order while still working as usual."

You can also change a marked light one back into an active plugin.

Edited by vyvexthorne

Vortex marks them as light because they were marked as Light ESPs by using Xedit or the Creation Kit.

You can't make ESPs "light" by using Vortex.

If you double click a blank feather in the plugins section it opens a window in which there is a button that states.. "Mark Light".. this then changes the status of the mod from active to light. Are you saying this actually does nothing?

States.. "This is a regular plugin that could be turned into a light one. (also known as an ESPfe) when you do this it will no longer take up space in the load order while still working as usual."

You can also change a marked light one back into an active plugin.

Hmmm, maybe I'm wrong then, I'm still using 0.17.11 so, it's possible this feature was added and implemented in 0.18.xx and actually DOES switch the ESP to an ESPfe.

If so, that's pretty cool

I'm apparently using version 0.18.6 I think it updated just a week ago or so. At any rate.. if that is a new feature and it does work as intended then I guess it is really, really cool. I obviously discovered it by messing around and not really having any knowledge of the function. I tried it out on the "live action Mr. Handy" mod as it had a blank feather next to it and the mod seems to work fine. Most of the mods that can be converted seem to be patches.. I have a buttload of patches.

My fear obviously is of going over the mod limit and discovering that any mods I've marked as Light aren't actually light. Hopefully someone that knows the feature will come along and confirm it's usefulness.

Edited by vyvexthorne

Version 0.18.6 does allow you to mark a plugin as light. You can also mark a plugin as not light. An empty feather symbol shows you which plugins may be marked light. Whether it's safe to mark all plugins as light I don't know, but I suspect it would not be deleterious.

Version 0.18.6 does allow you to mark a plugin as light. You can also mark a plugin as not light. An empty feather symbol shows you which plugins may be marked light. Whether it's safe to mark all plugins as light I don't know, but I suspect it would not be deleterious.

Yep.. been playing with it. I purposely downloaded a bunch of mods just to put me over the active limit. Then I marked a few of the empty feathers as light. … So far, everything seems to work fine. Pretty much played around most of the day without any crashes or weirdness (other than the obvious weirdness that just comes from the game being the game.)

I now have 250 active, 26 light.

Edited by vyvexthorne

Yep.. been playing with it. I purposely downloaded a bunch of mods just to put me over the active limit. Then I marked a few of the empty feathers as light. … So far, everything seems to work fine. Pretty much played around most of the day without any crashes or weirdness (other than the obvious weirdness that just comes from the game being the game.)

I now have 250 active, 26 light.

I've been playing around with this for the past couple of hours and just checked one of the ESPs I marked as light (Lots More Male Hairstyles) and, sure enough, it's showing as an ESL. This changes everything. :dance: