"Could Be Light"

vyvexthorne

Just saw a post from Ashal. The SKSE plugin for StorageUtil does not work with ESLs.

So be careful what mods you convert.

Why would it?

Most SKSE plugins are just .dlls

StorageUtil provides Papyrus extensions to store data from normal ESPs. Hat size, for example (fictitious example - but you get the idea).

If those ESPs are converted to ESLs, those functions will no longer work.

Only affects those ESPs that call StorageUtil.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw a post from Ashal. The SKSE plugin for StorageUtil does not work with ESLs.

Why would it?

StorageUtil provides Papyrus extensions to store data from normal ESPs. Hat size, for example (fictitious example - but you get the idea).

Hmmm, had a feeling this was 'too good to be true'

Why would it?

Hmmm, had a feeling this was 'too good to be true'

Mods that actually use StorageUtil can be counted on one hand. Just something to be aware of - and Ashal will fix it.

:huh: I was just playing with this today. For the last two hours I have just been thinking "holy-crap!" this is working?

:confused: I am being very careful but so far re-flagging six of them "yes Misc hairstyles is one" but so far things are working and being changed when I check Fo4edit :mellow:

hahahaha, I am so excited that I am almost trembling :dance:

https://youtu.be/u1HAD7rdofg :unsure:

Indeed, quite an incredible addition!

No offensive to LOOT. But the check Wrye does is the same as what you can do manually via Xedit. In other words, it is actually checking. Not all mods can made ESL. LOOT (I believe, I could be wrong) relies on a data base of reported compatible mods, which may or may not be accurate.

No offensive to LOOT. But the check Wrye does is the same as what you can do manually via Xedit. In other words, it is actually checking. Not all mods can made ESL. LOOT (I believe, I could be wrong) relies on a data base of reported compatible mods, which may or may not be accurate.

That's what I did in Fallout 4

I ran FO4Edit through Vortex with the -Fallout 4, -pseudoesl command line and I made a rule that I would only convert to ESL the mods that didn't need Records Compressed

• 2 months later...

After failing at being able to understand how to merge mods, this realization is a freaking miracle! Lol, I had gone over the limit just barely and I was frantically trying to find solutions without having to cull my mod list. I am very pleased with the implementation of this feature. I wonder how they got it to work correctly. I can't imagine it was an easy thing to do.

Actually this is quite trivial for Vortex, LOOT is doing the important work here.

LOOT has a function to tell us if all the records in a plugin have ids below the threshold and thus could be converted without re-arranging the records.

We (Vortex) just set a flag in the header of the plugin when you convert.

The more involved/problematic case where records are "compactified" to stay below the threshold isn't support, that still requires xedit.

• 2 months later...