[LE] Retroactive Necromage- need scripting help!

Yep. While I'm new to this side of modding Skyrim, I've been playing with mods since Morrowind. I even extracted the scripts twice and allowed overwrites in case it was some kind of bug that occured during the inital decompression.

What mod manager are you using? The source is in the archive (I downloaded it to be sure). The CK would be able to find the file if it were in the correct location.

I'm not sure what you will learn from viewing the script in situ, anyway. The properties are named based on the game object they should be filled with. Viewing the script source should tell you the same information. Everything else about how I structured it you can see by selecting *All in the object window tree and filtering by "RN_".

Edited by npdogg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What mod manager are you using? The source is in the archive (I downloaded it to be sure). The CK would be able to find the file if it were in the correct location.

The old drag-and-drop. I'll use NMM if a mod is complex (such as, multiple .esp options for installation), but I'm most comfortable with the old-school method. Since I can open up your script files in notepad, and that they're in the same directory as all my other scripts, I'm 99.999% sure that the issue is with my copy of the CK, not a bad mod install.

I'm not sure what you will learn from viewing the script in situ, anyway. The properties are named based on the game object they should be filled with. Viewing the script source should tell you the same information.

Until you told me about the quest alias thing, I couldn't be 100% sure that this was the case, since one could theoretically call all the properties variations of "fart" in-script, and then use the properties window to make it run properly. Granted, I don't think you would actually do that, but I felt I needed to check anyway in case of an accidental property mismatch on the script.

Until you told me about the quest alias thing, I couldn't be 100% sure that this was the case, since one could theoretically call all the properties variations of "fart" in-script, and then use the properties window to make it run properly. Granted, I don't think you would actually do that, but I felt I needed to check anyway in case of an accidental property mismatch on the script.

The only other possibility I can think of is that some of the core game script source files are missing. If you just want to verify the script properties are filled in correctly, xEdit will show that.

The only other possibility I can think of is that some of the core game script source files are missing. If you just want to verify the script properties are filled in correctly, xEdit will show that.

This is most likely the case. I still get occasional errors about it not finding vanilla scripts, and when I first started script working, I had to drag the files out of the compressed scripts file in Skyrim\Data, since the script kept failing to compile with unknown errors.

This is most likely the case. I still get occasional errors about it not finding vanilla scripts, and when I first started script working, I had to drag the files out of the compressed scripts file in Skyrim\Data, since the script kept failing to compile with unknown errors.

Yeah, you want to extract everything from Scripts.rar if you want to do any work on scripts.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, you want to extract everything from Scripts.rar if you want to do any work on scripts.

Ok, been a bit busier than I'd like, but now that I've sat down and tried to understand your work, I now realize why the CK won't load your script, and why I still can't understand what you were doing.

In your .esp, the script attached to RN_PlayerQuest is named "RN_QuestScript". The .zip file you uploaded only has the source and compiled versions of "RN_EffectScript"; no other scripts appear to be part of it. So, effectively, "RN_QuestScript" is completely absent, which explains why I can't access it. Because I'm (apparently) lacking one of the vital components of your work, I ulitmately can't understand what you did to get it to work, though I see all the pieces you used. I have a vague idea of how they fit, but I'm not knowledgeable enough in Papyrus to even guess as to how the script would look.

Edited by Galcyon

Ok, been a bit busier than I'd like, but now that I've sat down and tried to understand your work, I now realize why the CK won't load your script, and why I still can't understand what you were doing.

In your .esp, the script attached to RN_PlayerQuest is named "RN_QuestScript". The .zip file you uploaded only has the source and compiled versions of "RN_EffectScript"; no other scripts appear to be part of it. So, effectively, "RN_QuestScript" is completely absent, which explains why I can't access it. Because I'm (apparently) lacking one of the vital components of your work, I ulitmately can't understand what you did to get it to work, though I see all the pieces you used. I have a vague idea of how they fit, but I'm not knowledgeable enough in Papyrus to even guess as to how the script would look.

That script was supposed to have been removed. It isn't needed.

• 5 weeks later...