MaxQuest

MaxQuest

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
In response to post #111413933.

Spoiler

Development of this mod has started around v2.1.0 of the game.

There is a chance that there will be issues when used with version of Deadfire that is below than that.
And to be sure about compatibility I would recommend aiming for Deadfire v4.1 and above.

Also, if you don't have expansions, I would recommend downloading no-LAX packages of this mod.

Botchling

Botchling

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
My initial reaction was that this was overkill (well.... which it is) BUT going into a POTD game, you find there are too many abilities that arent viable. So some real good stuff here, thanks ! :) 

Some feedback:
Even if this mod wont cause any issue with most other mods. Why not add a compatibility section in the description with some info on it maybe? And mention some of the more popular mods that work well atm. I always look for that and often skip a mod if I cant get some confirmation on it. 

Thank you so much for this and for just being a good dude.

MaxQuest

MaxQuest

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
In response to post #113147153.

Spoiler

BUT going into a POTD game, you find there are too many abilities that arent viable

Yeap, that pretty much was the main idea behind this mod: to up a bit the stuff that is less used or viable, in order to have wider variety of options to choose from :)

And ElricGalad takes it a bit further with Deadfire Balance Polishing mod.

Why not add a compatibility section in the description with some info on it maybe? And mention some of the more popular mods that work well atm.

Are there some specific mods you have in mind?

Thank you so much for this and for just being a good dude.

That's appreciated ^^)

drragun

drragun

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Absolutely love the mod and was excited to see the dragon thrashed buffs. Missed it from poe1 despite it not having the fancy animation anymore, though from what I can see, the Fire keyword isn't being added. I tested it with the patches being the only mods active and the damage buff works fine, just no fire keyword active. 

MaxQuest

MaxQuest

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
In response to post #113648848.

Spoiler

Hey thank you for the catch drragun :)

I have checked this and indeed, stuff like Scion of Flame and Ring of Focused Flame were not applying their bonuses to fire effect.

I have implemented another solution that separates slash and burn attacks, and allows burn instance to benefit from related fire buffs. It will be live in the next update.

Heavyfuel

Heavyfuel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
For some reason, both Backstab and Biting Whip abilities are showing "System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" and then they display the ability description of whichever ability I last clicked on.

I have the Basic and Extra files loaded in the correct order, for what it's worth. 

SOLVED

Turns out my game was out of date. Updating it to the latest version fixed it.

Edited by Heavyfuel, 31 August 2022 - 03:06 PM.

amirullahizzan

amirullahizzan

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
does this work for the Turn Based mode?

MaxQuest

MaxQuest

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
In response to post #114991573.

Spoiler

It should)

Edited by MaxQuest, 16 September 2022 - 07:37 PM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.002 seconds