[Mod Request] DS3 sound effects

TheWideMurloc

one of the biggest artistic problems i have with ds2 is the sound effects. Every audio file sounds like it was recorded inside a tin can using a cheap standard xbox 360 microphone, and any that do come in clear don't sound anything like what its supposed to be emulating. Meanwhile DS1 and 3 had very crisp and distinguishable sound effects.

I know recently the capability of extracting and editing sound files has made its way to the souls franchise, but I dont know how to use any of that. I was wondering if someone had the time to make, or is already working on, a sound effects overhaul for Dark Souls 2 that replaces most if not all of the sound effects like sword clashing, parrying, spells, weapon impacts, footsteps, armor clinking in motion, etc. with those used in ds1 or 3 (preferably 3).

This would do a lot to breathe new life into DS2 for me since (unpopular opinion, i know) i think ds2 is the best gameplay in the dark souls trilogy, even if the content and some artistic choices were flubbed real hard

Edited by mauskal

• 10 months later...

one of the biggest artistic problems i have with ds2 is the sound effects. Every audio file sounds like it was recorded inside a tin can using a cheap standard xbox 360 microphone, and any that do come in clear don't sound anything like what its supposed to be emulating. Meanwhile DS1 and 3 had very crisp and distinguishable sound effects.

I know recently the capability of extracting and editing sound files has made its way to the souls franchise, but I dont know how to use any of that. I was wondering if someone had the time to make, or is already working on, a sound effects overhaul for Dark Souls 2 that replaces most if not all of the sound effects like sword clashing, parrying, spells, weapon impacts, footsteps, armor clinking in motion, etc. with those used in ds1 or 3 (preferably 3).

This would do a lot to breathe new life into DS2 for me since (unpopular opinion, i know) i think ds2 is the best gameplay in the dark souls trilogy, even if the content and some artistic choices were flubbed real hard

THIS. was literally just about to post this request. It's a shame it looks like there's been no response for so long. If a modder who has worked with sound effects could even just roughly explain the process of extracting then replacing sounds from DS2 and 3 respectively I bet a rank layperson like myself could even do it. Anyway, one vote for this mod, and also agree about breathing new life and how good DS2's gameplay is (DS3 would be better but the lack of a proper poise system is weird).

Edited by jkhedrub