Manage Groups empty group name

Potatomonium

I was looking at manage groups and I created a new group but didn't name it to see what it would do. I found out that it closes the Manage Groups window and refuses to open the window again. I've restarted the program and it still refuses to work. I even tried restarting my PC and that didn't work

Edited by Potatomonium

Find your MASTERLIST.yaml for the game

It will probably be in C:\Users\NAME\Appdata\Roaming\Vortex\NAME OF GAME\Masterlist.yaml

Make a BACKUP of the MASTERLIST first, then rename the masterlist.yaml to something like DERP_Masterlist.yaml and let Vortex download a new one

Also, when you can run Vortex again, report this as a bug, Vortex should prevent you from making an empty group name, which in turn makes it non-operational

Find your MASTERLIST.yaml for the game

It will probably be in C:\Users\NAME\Appdata\Roaming\Vortex\NAME OF GAME\Masterlist.yaml

Make a BACKUP of the MASTERLIST first, then rename the masterlist.yaml to something like DERP_Masterlist.yaml and let Vortex download a new one

Also, when you can run Vortex again, report this as a bug, Vortex should prevent you from making an empty group name, which in turn makes it non-operational

I tried deleting the Masterlist for both games I have but it still doesn't work. I also reported it as a bug like you suggested.

The Masterlist.yaml is as the name indicates a master-list, a list you don't edit yourself but is automatically updated (if necessary) next time you start Vortex.

The file you should look for is called custom.yaml or something similarly, and is either located in same directory as the master, or in a sub-directory.

edit - the actual name and location of the file you should edit/backup/delete is userlist.yaml, located in …\vortex\name_of_game\userlist.yaml, while the masterlist is under …\vortex\name_of_game\masterlist\masterlist.yaml

Edited by Rattledagger

The Masterlist.yaml is as the name indicates a master-list, a list you don't edit yourself but is automatically updated (if necessary) next time you start Vortex.

The file you should look for is called custom.yaml or something similarly, and is either located in same directory as the master, or in a sub-directory.

edit - the actual name and location of the file you should edit/backup/delete is userlist.yaml, located in …\vortex\name_of_game\userlist.yaml, while the masterlist is under …\vortex\name_of_game\masterlist\masterlist.yaml

This worked. Thank you very much!