Dawnguard...Castle Volikhar won't open

JeremeW5257

Not sure if people are still having this issue or not, but throwing it out there, so it's simply out there.

So, Serana won't open that 'home' castle door for you huh?

After all my gathering of workarounds and fixes.. here's how to just simply bypass that pesky door and drag her with you...

Step by step of how I did it... ([?] = relevant key)

• Console [~]
  • " coc DLC1VampireCastleGuildhall " (or movetoqt DLC1VQ02 press escape and run to the door)
  • at the door, Console [~]
  • " prid 02002b74 " [enter] (this selects your current Serana)
  • " moveto player " [enter] (this moves her to you (be sure there's somewhere for her to stand.. aka don't stand awkwardly next to a wall or a bunch of stuff))

From there she should respond to the man accusing you of trespassing, make her regular comments and she'll properly interact with the leader.

If you have this on XBox... sorry.. wait for an update.. or something... I've learned my lesson when it comes to Bethesda and XBox games...

This worked like a charm for me, I was really worried I might have to start a new game after some 80 hours. Thank you very much Mr Xoza, you're a life saver :)

• 7 months later...

My issue wasn't with Serena. I hopped forward to the quest part with Harkon, without a glitch - but the gate is still closed, so I can't go in or out. Guess I'll just keep popping myself in and out of there with the console.

Trying to figure out if I can just delete the gate all together.

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old post, I had the same problem. Tried all the console commands, but nothing helped.

I fast traveled to any location, fast traveled back to the castle, walked up to the gate, saved my game, exited Skyrim, and loaded last save, and it immediately went to loading screen, and I was in the castle.

Not sure what happened, but I got past it that way....maybe it works for someone else too.

• 1 year later...

For anyone still having this issue, the simplest way to resolve this is to delete the door.

1. Go to console

2. Select the gate *Should be ID '02017d59' If it doesn't show up as that it's wrong! Don't Delete!* Retry your selection

3. After selected, type "Markfordelete"

4. Go to any other place that prompts a loading screen and then come back.

5. *Poof* door is gone. Happy blood sucking.

This is an easy one.

Open the console. Select the door. Type unlock. Press return. Close console.

Now you can go through & she will follow.

Word of warning. If you are not using the Unofficial Patches & have a modded game the chances of getting through the rest of the DLC are slim. I have had saves waiting for the Patches to be updated so I could continue. Now I can get through with a custom race character & 250+ mods with no problem at all.

Later

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure if people are still having this issue or not, but throwing it out there, so it's simply out there.

So, Serana won't open that 'home' castle door for you huh?

After all my gathering of workarounds and fixes.. here's how to just simply bypass that pesky door and drag her with you...

Step by step of how I did it... ([?] = relevant key)

• Console [~]
  • " coc DLC1VampireCastleGuildhall " (or movetoqt DLC1VQ02 press escape and run to the door)
  • at the door, Console [~]
  • " prid 02002b74 " [enter] (this selects your current Serana)
  • " moveto player " [enter] (this moves her to you (be sure there's somewhere for her to stand.. aka don't stand awkwardly next to a wall or a bunch of stuff))

From there she should respond to the man accusing you of trespassing, make her regular comments and she'll properly interact with the leader.

If you have this on XBox... sorry.. wait for an update.. or something... I've learned my lesson when it comes to Bethesda and XBox games...

Thank you so much! 7 years later and you still help people :D