Animal Behavior - wolves attacking one another

Mebantiza

In my game, some animals, noticeably wolves, are fighting each other when more than one is present. That is not programmed behavior no? I am pretty sure it is not.

Ive been disabling any, and cleaning my save, of mods that modify wolves, including all my combat and faction related mods, and, no difference. The two test wolves I am using are still fighting each other and not me, when I arrive at their spawn point.

it is not strictly wolves either doing this either, but they are most convenient and common to use to see this in action.

And no I am NOT using SkyTest, Real Animals mod, or any animal mod period. My save itself, is, admittedly, not in the best of shape ATM. Kind of trashed really tbh, but, not sure if improper animal behavior can get baked into a save this way? Possible?

Edited by Mebantiza

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Allright, I fixed this in my game. If was just a good example of a mod conflict. I had 2-3 mods that altered the wolf (both NPC and RACE records).

Solution requires tes5edit. In my case I removed all entries with regards to wolfs from Tropical Skyrim. That fixed the wolf behaviour. The mudcrabs was also attacking each other.