all executables not launching through Vortex after the update,possibly a windows 10 issue?

Terramaneia

I'm having this exact same problem...

I was just running SKSE through Vortex just fine earlier today. I updated Vortex and now, SKSE doesn't even pop up when I try to launch it through Vortex. Gonna see if it works when launched by itself. No, I have not updated or restarted my computer at all between playing earlier today and now...

EDIT: Working just fine for me when launching by double-clicking the executable...LOOT just completely destroyed my load order for no reason tho, not sure why. CTDs abound...

Edited by SuzanoSho

Try running your game in shell mode. I made that change, launched from Vortex just fine. Then I closed game and Vortex, re-opened Vortex and was able to launch game again.

If you don't already know, look at the game icon on your dashboard. Click the 3 dots and select 'edit'. In the bottom left section of the dialog box you should see the opton to run in shell mode. Turn it on. Save.

For the record, I didn't have any problems loading my auxiliary programs (if that's the right word): FNIS, Bodyslide, LOOT, SSEdit, and Creation Kit. It was only the game. And I also have Windows 10.

Try running your game in shell mode. I made that change, launched from Vortex just fine. Then I closed game and Vortex, re-opened Vortex and was able to launch game again.

If you don't already know, look at the game icon on your dashboard. Click the 3 dots and select 'edit'. In the bottom left section of the dialog box you should see the opton to run in shell mode. Turn it on. Save.

For the record, I didn't have any problems loading my auxiliary programs (if that's the right word): FNIS, Bodyslide, LOOT, SSEdit, and Creation Kit. It was only the game. And I also have Windows 10.

No luck,tried that but it just loads a black windows that crashes again.

Edit:another update,now Bodyslide and Outfit studio work normally,it's just the game exes that don't.I'm not sure what fixed them,only tried the shell command for the SKSE loader.

Edited by Terramaneia

I'm having this exact same problem...

I was just running SKSE through Vortex just fine earlier today. I updated Vortex and now, SKSE doesn't even pop up when I try to launch it through Vortex. Gonna see if it works when launched by itself. No, I have not updated or restarted my computer at all between playing earlier today and now...

EDIT: Working just fine for me when launching by double-clicking the executable...LOOT just completely destroyed my load order for no reason tho, not sure why. CTDs abound...

Did you update SKSE for the new exe stealth update by Bethesda?

Hmm, before I updated my game to run in shell mode, I did try changing the properties of the Black Tree Gaming folder and Vortex subfolder so that users had full control. I also changed the vortex.exe properties to give application packages full control. That didn't work so I tried running in shell. Maybe it's a combination of these changes that did the trick?

Sorry you're still having problems.

Hmm, before I updated my game to run in shell mode, I did try changing the properties of the Black Tree Gaming folder and Vortex subfolder so that users had full control. I also changed the vortex.exe properties to give application packages full control. That didn't work so I tried running in shell. Maybe it's a combination of these changes that did the trick?

Sorry you're still having problems.

Tried giving the Black Tree Gaming folder all the permissions I could,no change unfortunately.I'm going to have to look to something like reinstalling the game,backing up my saves and mods etc.Only thing I could find that could be helpful is that some skse logs report the crashing and have made some dmp files.Problem is I don't know how to open/read them.