VORTEX: Getting "broken archives" message all the time when installing mods.

krpysz

Hey guys.
I'm trying to use Vortex with Skyrim SE lately. Around 50% spill out the message, that it cannot be installed due to broken archive. Vortex suggest to re-download but it does not help... obviously.
What I've also tried, is that I tried to unpack these mods (no problems doing that) and even repack the zips to different formats (rar etc.) and drag to vortex - nothing helps.
These "broken" mods worked fine when I was using NMM with both versions of Skyrim.

Other mods works fine.

Please check out the attached file to see the exact message i'm getting over and over.

Can you, beautiful people can help, please? :smile:

Im on: Windows7 x64, using Vortex v0.18.09

Edited by krpysz

are you trying to install the mod itself, rather than the zip/archive folder? that can happen if you try to install an esp or esm directly, rather than the archive that it comes in

Nah sir, never. I always try to use Nexus methods and reading descriptions carefully. I tried to unpack, but only to find out is there really is a problem with downloaded archive.

More information about your environment would help. This is a guideline:

I tried your specific mod. I got no invalid archive messages with Vortex 0.18.9.
The fomod ran correctly during installation, giving the configuration page:
2019-06-15.png
Edited by rmm200

can you try and manually download the mod mentioned in the error message above, and try to open it on your system with 7zip or any other archive utility, just to see if the archive is indeed corrupted, or if it is an issue with vortex trying to open the archive itself?

Was I not precise enough? Sorry for that. Let me quote:

"What I've also tried, is that I tried to unpack these mods (no problems doing that) and even repack the zips to different formats (rar etc.) and drag to vortex - nothing helps."

So, there was no problem with unpacking the downloaded mods, so the archive is not corrupted.

More information about your environment would help. This is a guideline:

I tried your specific mod. I got no invalid archive messages with Vortex 0.18.9.
The fomod ran correctly during installation, giving the configuration page:
2019-06-15.png

Fantastic! Thank you. But that does not help me resolve the problem :( I was thinking it may be something with running Vortex as an administrator, but that also didn't help :'(