VORTEX: Getting "broken archives" message all the time when installing mods.

krpysz

my bad, sorry.

i see you're on the latest version of vortex, is it possible for you to try and roll back to an older version and try the mod install again?

if you can unpack the mod outside of vortex, then that suggests the archive itself is fine - so i wonder if it is something internal to vortex, that may not be present in an older version?

I'll try that and let you guys know.

Meanwhile, just tried to re-install thing still persist.

one other question - where do you have your game installed? is it inside program files by any chance?

Nope, the game is installed on a different drive.

Vortex is installed in it's default location.

The mods folder is also on another drive and NOT in a Vortex install folder.

just to be precise :)

hmm, yeah, cos you only see this for *some* mods not all - so the location is irrelevant. if it was in program files, there may be a reason for it - but if it isn't then that's discounted too.

can you go to your mods tab, select open from file and browse to the archive that is giving you an issue and try to install it manually? at this point, I am expecting that action to throw an error as well - which will be really annoying, given you can open the archive outside of vortex without issue.

but we have to eliminate as much as we can and try as much as we can to try and narrow it down....btw if you've already done this - apologies in advance!

mmm if you mean to just unzip the mod in the Skyrim folder etc. etc., then I did that too. No problems with unzipping. Or maybe you've meant to do it manually from Vortex somehow? Is there a way to do that?

This is coming up in close proximity to the failure to launch apps problems.

Any chance this is also an elevation problem? 7zip is also an app.

Tannin has promised "changes" in 0.18.10. Will be interesting to see if they resolve this one.

Tannin has promised "changes" in 0.18.10. Will be interesting to see if they resolve this one.

My english is not that good. Can you explain this please: "Any chance this is also an elevation problem?"

My english is not that good. Can you explain this please: "Any chance this is also an elevation problem?"

My comment was really intended for the Vortex helper's.

For the elevation problem, read this topic:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7734948-all-executables-not-launching-through-vortex-after-the-updatepossibly-a-windows-10-issue/

It means that Microsoft Windows seems to have made a change in what apps are allowed to launch another. This is related to UAC and Administrator mode.

All you can really say at the moment - is that it is under investigation.

My comment was really intended for the Vortex helper's.

For the elevation problem, read this topic:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7734948-all-executables-not-launching-through-vortex-after-the-updatepossibly-a-windows-10-issue/

It means that Microsoft Windows seems to have made a change in what apps are allowed to launch another. This is related to UAC and Administrator mode.

All you can really say at the moment - is that it is under investigation.

Thank you for the explanation. I really do hope, that my problem can be solved, since there are just few people having same problems as I do. Most of them have none.

I'm still open for any suggestions :)

The way I read the very latest version of Vortex you are not to roll it back. Not trying to be counterproductive as I seriously don't know. I have not updated Vortex latest version yet.