VORTEX: Getting "broken archives" message all the time when installing mods.

krpysz

The way I read the very latest version of Vortex you are not to roll it back. Not trying to be counterproductive as I seriously don't know. I have not updated Vortex latest version yet.

As a general rule, you should not role back a mod manager in case a more recent version introduces incompatibilities.

Tannin indicated that rolling back from 18.x to 17.x should be OK in this specific case.

The way I read the very latest version of Vortex you are not to roll it back. Not trying to be counterproductive as I seriously don't know. I have not updated Vortex latest version yet.

Well i tested one previous version of it, but the problem didn't vanish.

Edit: just tried to roll back further, to 0.7.11 and that also didn't help.

Edited by krpysz

the more you test, the more this seems like something local to your environment.

unfortunately, i'm all out of suggestions. if you've rolled back so far in vortex releases then i don't know what more you can do, given that the archive opens without issue.

Yeah but what could that bee?! Another weird thing i've noticed during tests was, that when I've tried to download the very same mod trough the Bethesda's MOD section inside Skyrim, I got an error and a message, that it cannot be downloaded o_O

Some other mods, that I was not able to install via Vortex (Vivid Weathers for e.g.) were installed easily inside Skyrim. That is all I can tell you guys. I will splash you with liquid gold for any ideas I could use <3

Edited by krpysz

the mod you're trying to install - you did download it from nexusmods, not bethesda, right?

At first, yes. Now, just for testing I was trying to isntall it via build-in mod downloader in Skyrim. It won't download :O

But other, that won't work via Vortex, works when I download them in Skyrim from Bethesda (like Vivid weathers).

Edited by krpysz