Sloth Demon Bugged Fight

Try temporarily lowering the graphics settings, disabling 'frame buffer effects', and removing any hi-res texture mods that may affect that area. Patching the game's EXE with either LAA or 4GB patch (if it has not already been patched) may also help.

If that doesn't work, a full list of any mods that are installed (and the method used to install them) would be helpful.

Edited by theskymoves

Did you disable frame buffer effects?

Is your EXE patched to take advantage of more than 2 GB of RAM?

Do you have any mods installed? If so, are any of them h- res textures, and did you try removing them temporarily?

Blah blah blah. :ermm:

Edited by theskymoves

@SilverAxe001;

Expanding on tsm's advice, the ".exe patch" refers to the LAA ("Large Array Aware") hak to make Win32 executables able to make use of more RAM (on a 64-bit OS system.)

I can't recommend it highly enough when playing DA:O.

When used, the Denerim Marketplace doesn't crash, the Fade doesn't crash, and when used on the Toolset, it can load late-game saves! :thumbsup:

It's slightly out of date, but see this Nexus wiki article: 4GB memory patcher.

What mods are you using and what armors/weapons do your party members and character have equipped? Depending on the mod, some items might make your game more unstable regardless of a 4GB Patched .exe or not. I've encountered the issue with some of the RL's Fashion Bazaar and Swan Song armor sets.

@Thandal

My PC is 64-bit Win 7. I used this patcher on daorigins.exe, but it didn't help. I click on it, but it shows that there is no fmod_event.dll. I downloaded it, but my PC doesn't see this.

@SilverAxe001; "fmod" refers to things for a completely different game, based on a completely different game engine.

I'm not sure what you tried to do, but the bottom line is that you want to use the tool found here: 4GB Patch

And point it at "daorigins.exe" on your machine (as you said you did.) You should get an "Update Successful" message. :thumbsup: