Vortex Not launching Skyrim after Update

Manlypink69

So to keep the topic short and sweet, Earlier tonight probably an hour ago give or take, I was playing Old Skyrim (Not SSE) with Mods, and was launching from Vortex just fine. However when I went to update the program, after the update, Launching Skyrim from Vortex didn't work at all. I've tried reinstalling the program, turning off all my mods, and restarting/updating my computer to no avail.

Any support would be nice and I'll be happy to do whatever I need to do to solve the problem, thanks in advanced :)

OKay :) If I may ask, what information do think you need from me? As for the important information

Vortex Version: 0.18.9

Game: Skyrim: legendary Edition

Mods installed: The last count (before I disabled all my mods) was 114-116

Operating environment: Windows 10 64-bit. 16 Gigabytes of Ram,

Let me know if you anything like a log file or anything :)

I'm having the exact same issue. I launch Skyrim through the SKSE plugin through vortex and after the last update it no longer launches at all.

Check to see if your SKSE_Loader.exe, Skyrim.exe and SKyrimLauncher.exe are set to RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

If they are, uncheck the box to run them as administrator.

The problem seems to be stemming from people running EVERYTHING especially Games, as Administrator for no reason

after you do that, see if they launch from Vortex.

That fixed my issue entirely.... I feel so dumb, yet thankful that it wasn't nothing serious. Thank you guys for the support, and sorry for wasting your time :smile:

I have this same issue with fallout 3, except it only applies to the very important FOSE loader link. Path is correct and I don't recall giving it permanent run as admin settings, but I'll double check. If your setup worked before the Vortex update and it broke now though...not really your fault. You did something you were used to doing to try and minimize headaches using mods and the program worked with it until it now doesn't. It's not unfair to request changes in behavior as long as it's to accommodate good code in Vortex, but you aren't what changed first here. This info was most helpful for HadToRegister to provide but since it's not in a prominent place on the Vortex dashboard when the app auto updates instead of sending you to Nexus, these sorts of threads will pop up. Maybe you're just being polite, but I wouldn't say you're wasting anyone's time. You may have just elicited clarification that will solve the issue I'm seeing too.

I'm having the exact same issue. I launch Skyrim through the SKSE plugin through vortex and after the last update it no longer launches at all.

Check to see if your SKSE_Loader.exe, Skyrim.exe and SKyrimLauncher.exe are set to RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

If they are, uncheck the box to run them as administrator.

The problem seems to be stemming from people running EVERYTHING especially Games, as Administrator for no reason

after you do that, see if they launch from Vortex.

This doesn't work with FOSE on Fallout 3. I'm having a similar issue where Vortex has the correct path for FOSE and simply decided it can no longer use it. It will initially run, prompting a UAC notification as it did before, but once I click yes it just decides to not run FOSE instead of doing it like I assume it was seeking to. Turning off admin privileges for FOSE gets an error from FOSE, where it seems to think I'm running Vista instead of Windows 10 but regardless says it can't run properly because of UAC and that I must enable run as admin.

Edited by Mattchion