Dawn of a new age

Brutii

Rilgomm heard the Lich's voice, but didn't see where it's spell landed. He grabbed one of his warriors by the shoulder, and gave him orders.

"Knight, get in the house. If this man has a family, get them out. Get everybody you can to safety within Cheydinhal's walls. Even a weak werewolf is powerful enough to kill everyone here." The warrior nodded and crashed through the back door, shouting something lost amidst the noise of battle. Rilgomm turned back to face the beast. He wasn't falling to this beast while lives were at stake.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The nord had hit Rend just hard enough to push him off the man, but he was done anyway. He towered over all of these men, who seemed to be professional fighters. After he knocked him off, his men charged and Rend leaped on one and tore out his throat. The others stabbed, and gouged, but to no avail. He had spent many years gaining an uncanny tolerance to pain -even among werewolves- and thickening his hide to ward off such blows. Next came a lich, which actually suprised Rend, as it seemed to be fighting with these men. It he fired an ice spike in his direction, and he had just barely enough time to dodge it.

Synnove emerged from the interior of castle cheydinhall's upper level, standing on the balcony as the sun bounced from her golden armour. She walked across the stone floor, and leant on the balcony wall, looking out at the surrounding countryside. She had heard the cries of Lord Rilgomm's men, and the howling of an unearthly creature... she also had heard the deep, booming voice of the lich. She knew that the lords wife and children would be safe with her, in the castle... and she was eager to see if the Lord of these knights would prevail- or whether he would meet his end to the ferocious werewolf. Over the years she had spent with him, she had some confidence in his abilities, he was a hardened warrior after all, so a lone werewolf should meet it's match against the mace of Rilgomm.

Krasaar sailed down the halls of Unahzaal Zind, stopping at a dead end. "Bex" his voice was somewhat raspy and was very deep, but the wall responded, Opening. Inside the giant hulking behemoth that was VulViingKonahrik lay on the floor sleeping, he woke and regarded Krasaar

"Krasaar, Draal Tinvaak, Ni Praan Hin Drog?" VulViingKonahrik asked

"Tiid, Drog." Krasaar replied, bowing

"Aam? Alok. Zu Hind Wah Naak"

"Geh Drog" Krassar said, rising "Meyz" Krasaar led him out of the chamber and explained that wagons travelling from one of the Joorre cities to the other passed through a certain route and that one had recently been dispatched. VulViingKonahrik took flight to intercept one of these.

The distance was easily covered by air and after but a short while, VulViingKonahrik swooped down upon the carriage transporting food to the legionnaires in Bruma. He roared at the driver, who sped up. A small girl leaned out the side of the carriage to look and the mighty dragon swiped her with his claws, throwing her off the caravan. The driver stopped, jumping off and drawing his blade, cursing the dragon he charged at it swinging his sword. But the blade did not penetrate the dragons thick hide and VulViingKonahrik bit the Joor in two. A woman climbed out of the carriage with a bow, and shot an arrow which stunk in the dragons chest. "YOL TOOR SHUL!" the dragon shouted, burning the woman to a crisp. VulViingKonahrik peered into the carriage and saw the food with in. The dragon plunged his head into the food, devouring it quickly. He turned to take off when he was disturbed by a small cry. Cocking his head to find the sound, he saw the girl had survived the swipe, turning, he walked towards her "Aam?! Joor Kiir Dreh Ni Ru, Hin Laas Ni Evenaar, Aal Nust Siiv Hio (Aam is an expression of disbelief in the dragon language)" he said, before roaring into the sky and taking off

A short way off a huntsman from a village north of the imperial city whoose prey had lead him far, heard the roar of the dragon and rushed after it. Seeing the wreackage of the caravan he investigated and found the young girl, crying over the corpses of her parents.The huntsman, after giving her parents a burial, decided to take the girl south to cyrodiil.

VulViingKonahrik returned to his fortress "KRASAAR!" The dragon priest came forth and the two began to plot together

Edited by Brutii

As good as the Lich's healing spell felt, Rilgomm was not the one who truly needed it. He sheathed his axe and dragged the fallen Knight out of harm's reach. His hand glowed with healing magic, and an adept-level healing spell quickly restored a fatal-injury to nasty scar tissue. The man would never be the same again, and might go mute, but he would live to fight another day. Rilgomm felt a little strained afterwards as about a third of his magicka pool was depleted. He was no wizard. Thankfully, the entire process took mere seconds, as it was not a channeled spell. As he looked up, Rilgomm could see Synnove even from here. The golden glint coming from the balcony wasn't easy to mistake for someone else. He'd always felt there was something.....off about her, like she was more than human. He shook the thoughts from his head. He unsheathed his axe and re-joined the fight. Thinking fast, Rilgomm confronted the werewolf directly. It would harm nobody else if he had any say in the matter. He ran right in front of it, and raised his shield should it decide to pounce.

"You prey on the weak and the defenseless? Mangy, cowardly beast. I wouldn't care if you were Hircine himself, I'd still take you. Die, mongrel!" He swung his axe at it, with speed and power, but also with precision. A skilled warrior had to balance all three.

A million thoughts flashed through Rilgomm's head as he spoke. Most of them were about his family, and what would happen to them in the event of his death, especially if the werewolf wasn't stopped. Rilgomm, despite his age, was one of the greatest warriors in Cheydinhal. If it could slay Rilgomm, it could break into the castle and lay waste to it and his wife, and his children. At least if that happened, he would see them all in Sovngarde. Lingering thoughts dwelled on the future of the Knights of the Thorn should he fall, although Synnove would become his successor, whether she knew it or not. (Written in his will.) He would save memories of the past for when he was breathing his last. And he wasn't going to be dying today. Finishing his sentence, Rilgomm let loose a fearsome war cry and pressed the offensive, made even more ferocious by Neh'Taniel's rally spell. Edited by Flipout6

Within the cluttered office a man sat. His quill pen shifting about in the wrists of a rather well built man. His bald dome shining with the sweat that flooded his face. It was a humid day. Awfully hot and sticky. Stone who sat impatiently and uncomfortably signing a incessant wave of papers became rather antsy. He was having a day that rather reflected his mood. He was troubled and rather confused. He signed off the last parchment as a robed man looked to him with a perked brow.

"Is that all boss?" He said with a rather annoying tone. Stone scratched his small beard and grunted.

"By the nine no. I have a extensive write off I must do within the hour or Alice will have my arse." Stone replied as he looked at his intern rather plainly. The robed man sighed and nodded. He then walked to the opposite side of the room which lead out into a small hallway. Stone who stood from his desk on the opposite of the office walked over to a large window that looked out into the docks. He smiled, letting a hand slither in front of his face. He clenched a fist then released it. He smiled. Letting the hand go limp at his side. He had built this district. Refurnished taverns, a few low key brothels. Perhaps a dozen gambling joints but he wasn't counting.

A low knock came from his office door. His gazing ceased as he glanced back. Placing a hand onto his side where he had a small dagger in his belt.

"Come in." Stone said as the door opened at a slow pace. This would make Stone quite cautious but he knew who it was.

A small child had walked in. The height of which would be at the knob of the door. It was a girl. Her hair was lush brown and she was missing some teeth.

She wore a plain blue dress with buttons sewed into the shoulders. She gave a cocky smile.

"Hey Pa." She said hopped onto a seat in front of his desk. Stone smiled as he gave a jolly laugh and said.

"Hello my divine." He smiled as he knelt down in front of her a affectionate smile radiating from his face. The child gave Stone a stern look. This in turn made him chuckle but he waved a hand and said. "Oh serious business then. Right let me take a seat." Stone stood, then walked around his desk and sat into his rolling chair. He leaned back within it and said.

"Well dear Katlina. What is it that you most urgently need me."

"I need a favor."

"Oh..what does this favor partake in."

She gave a sweet smile. At this instant Stone knew what she was going to ask for. He gave a rather unsuprised look as he then grabbed a key that was laying beside a book. He then turned the lock on a drawer unseen to Katlina. He then began to count some coin. Throwing about a dozen on the table he then smiled.

"Does this fit your standards dear Katlina." Stone asked with a coy grin. She nodded. Hopping up from the seat and gave Stone a big embracing hug. Stone returned the hug fully and watched his daughter take her leave. Stone smiled for but a moment a man suited in armor besides the helmet dodged his joyful daughter and came into the room. Stone stared at the armored man with a annoyed gaze. The man was aware of Stones discomfort. He opened his mouth to speak but Stone raised his hand for him to cease.

"You know of what I ask. You disregard my wishes."Stone said in a cold tone.

"I do not wish to interrupt your personal affair Master Stone. Although...it was quite urgent." The emissary spoke with a rather confident tone. Damn high imperials. Stone then sighed.

"Well..next time you enter without knocking i'll cut you good understand." He looked to the emissary who was unaffected by the threat. Although Stone was all very serious about what he said.

"Go on then dog. Speak you words and sing your song." He pointed to the seat in front of his desk. The emissary then nodding unphased by the insult he then gave a smirk.

"We have a rather unforeseen happening."

"Well what is it?"

"It's a delicate situ-"

"I don't care dog."

"Fine...by this time tomorrow a ship will be arriving. The ship holds a group of investors that are highly respected amongst us."

Stone chuckled to the amusement but the humor fell flat with the Emissary. The emissary shifted in his seat then continued.

"The ship holds The Crows of Crimson." Stone raised a brow.

"About one-hundred and twelve." Then stone choked.

Stone gathered his professionalism then nodded. "What in the name of the nine do you want me to do about it..." The emissary then smiled as he gestured outside the window. "Give them a warm welcome. Rent out a tavern for the night with some woman. Then I would recc-" Stone held up a hand.

"You want me to do something that is far below my occupations level." The emissary then showed a slight shy sliver of disappointment in his face.

"You control the docks Master Stone." A fair point Stone then thought. Stone pursed his lips for a moment.

"I'll deal with it. It wont be on my priority list but it will be somewhere. I will be sure to appoint the most trusted of my associates to greet them." Stone smiled and extended his hand to shake. The Emissary stood and shook the hand firmly. He then gave a smile of suspicious intent.

"In person Master Stone." At that Stone simply noted that he might be getting hit. Although he just smirked and nodded. The emissary left and Stone now sat and sunk in his chair. "Doyle.." Stone yelled. Doyle the man in the robe popped up in the door. Stone then said.

"Go inform Alice, Tricia, Delivio, and Artarion." Doyle nodded letting his long hair drape below hiding his face. He then takes his leave as Stone leaned back in his chair. Awaiting the next day.

The fight these people put up was worthy of note, as none of them had yet died, due to the healing skill of the nord and the lich. The Lich. This was his real foe here, as the weapons of the mortals did little damage to him, since none of them were even enchanted. The lich had casted another ice spike which found it's way into Rend's arm, which caused him to howl in pain and fly into a berserk rage. He smashed one of the men into a nearby tree, where a loud snap was heard, and shoved his arm through another wearing weak armor -using him as a shield against the fireball, which burnt him badly.

He turned to the nord charging in with the lich casting a rally spell, his hunter perceptions allowing him to experience the moment in a very long, drawn out 'slowed-time' instance. He parried the axe and knocked the nord to the side, instead focusing his rage on the lich, who he charged at with beastly speed beyond that of any wolf -aiming for the chest.