Why does bethesda update Skyrim

Cowgoesmoo3

I just wish they would keep CC separate from REAL updates, some of us are not into sinking anymore money into the sinking ship Bethesda and would rather support modders who, actually need the money.. if they would make CC a separate thing that we are not forced to get updates from.. i´d be a happy camper..

Well that's too bad because that's just not how things work. They need additional support added for many of the CC DLCs and that generally means compiling a new exe to provide it.

The DLCs themselves ARE a separate thing and nobody is forcing you to buy them. So don't if you don't want to.

Oh, and there's no sinking ship. You not liking the CC doesn't mean the company is doomed to fail. Their sales numbers tell an entirely different story here.

> I don't like CC

> Ship is sinking

> They're not making games anymore

Logic, how does it work?

The fact that people are complaining that bethesda are adding new content and keeping their 8 year old game supported is baffling to me. I understand it messes up SKSE and it's plugins but that is not Bethesda's responsibility or concern and the SKSE team usually updates within a day these past few updates.

Arthmoor, though i appreciate your work I think you have a limited grasp of civility, i do have a problem with CC, as i have with every micro-transaction "service" in any game, as for Bethesda making games ? If FO4 was not warning enough of the decline in quality and "dumbing-down" of what USED to be a RPG franchise well, obviously you are not into RPG´s, and when the unmitigated disaster that is ´76 hit the shelves first,dumpster second, did it not clarify that Bethesda does NOT make games anymore, just re-used assets packed in a crap-bag with absolutely no story,gameplay,or even functionality other than the part where you pay,pay and pay again for nothing..so, no i will not pay for anymore games from Beth unless, they actually make VI worthwhile and NOT some multi-player cash-cow.. and i doubt they can manage to do that, beth is not what it used to be, and i for one regret the loss of worthwhile games from them but, other developers are filling their place rapidly and justly so..and with this i finish, as i stated, i respect your work and your opinions but would rather not engage with you socially in any form, my life is too short for that nuisance..

I'd rather be accused of being lacking in civility than prove myself lacking in logic, so, you know....

Anyway, no, your assessment is massively biased and IMO has no validity as a result. You seem to be forgetting the fundamental meaning of the R in RPG - it stand for Role, not whatever it is you seem to think it does. In FO4, you assume the role of the Sole Survivor, in much the same way you assume the role of Geral of Rivia in the Witcher games. Just because you now have a voice and the story is more prominently displayed to you does not turn it from an RPG into whatever you think it's been turned into. RPGs are not about being accountants or statisticians. They're about playing a role. I am very much into RPGs as ROLE playing games, not as state machines for skill levels. I can get that kind of garbage gameplay from any genre out there like strategy games and shooters.

76 is an entirely different breed of game. It's an online survival MMO. If you expected deep story telling and role playing out of that, you have only yourself to blame for the disappointment you now feel. That does not mean that Bethesda has ceased making good games or suddenly become EA or whatever it is you'll trot out next. It means they did something that fell flat and Todd Howard has openly admitted as much at E3 this year. Something you'll NEVER get those "other" companies to admit to.

And lol, no, there is no other company rising to fill Bethesda's shoes in the arena of open world RPGs. There hasn't been a good RPG out of anyone else since CDPR did Witcher 3.