Unarmed - How hard would it be . . . . ?

trilliagan4727

I was thinking while brawling in skyrim, I noticed there is not much to the unarmed combat. No special step right attack, no special left step attack, and back and forward. Seeing as how one hand and two hand do have these "special moves" it seems the mechanic is there just practically not used if at all on unarmed.

MY question is this . . . If the animations were available could they be simply put in place or is there serious rework needed? I've never looked into this so I was curious if someone knew if it was a simple swap animations or does unarmed not have those "special moves" slots set up, so then my thought we be unarmed would need to mimic or have script made to do a side punch, backwards punch, and so on.

My perception of unarmed right now is light punch left and right, Heavy punch left and right, and double heavy punch. The power attack seem to have some movement built in or maybe they actually have a forward move. It just all looks so similar and the camera kinda being funny in first person.

Wasn't there a hand palm in oblivion? and a couple other variations ? I think you unlocked them from being taught by an npc.

A cordial response would be awesome!