SKSE64_Loader cannot find TESV.exe

tikibomber

I'm trying to figure this out.

I have the installed, even used the installer to confirm that it's actually set up properly, but no matter what I do, it cannot locate TESV.exe, even when I can easily open up TESV.exe without any mods enabled.

I'm using Vortext to install my mods.

I'm using LOOT to organize my mods.

LOOT cannot locate SKSE, even though I've reinstalled it about 7 times now.

Vortext just don't tell me if SKSE is missing or not (Even when it's uninstalled so I'm just keeping it installed there for now).

I don't know what else I'm doing wrong here. I've followed the instructions both in the file and the video.

I've made sure everything is set up, and running properly (AKA that Skyrim isn't wonky)

Please help. I have about 150 mods already installed but I don't think that's it since before this issue, I didn't have an issue with this earlier this year (January) in running my game and everything.

I got SKSE64_LOADER to accept TESV.exe, only my game won't run now.

Yes, I'm trying to launch it from the SKSE launcher instead. The SKSE window pops up for half a second then nothing else.

Edited by tikibomber

First... Skyrim SE updated a few days ago and so did SKSE. Have you updated one of them and not the other?

Loot is built in Vortex... so why do you have Loot?

SKSE has no .esp , so as far as i know Loot dont handle SKSE at all.

Did you install SKSE as it should?

1. Drop "skse64_1_5_80.dll" , "skse64_loader.exe" and "skse_steam_loader.dll" directly in your Skyrim SE folder.

2. Pack the SKSE Data-folder into an .zip or .rar and install it like any other mod with Vortex.

3. Run SKSE directly by running "skse64_loader.exe" (i usualy place it on my desk as an shortcut) or through Vortex by adding it on Vortex dashboard as a tool.

I have the installed, even used the installer to confirm that it's actually set up properly, but no matter what I do, it cannot locate TESV.exe, even when I can easily open up TESV.exe without any mods enabled.

Yes, I have the MOST RECENT SKSE. I had to REINSTALL IT SEVERAL TIMES.

EDIT; Re-reading what you have posted to me in reply tells me you never read my original post or cannot really grasp English that well. I've explained that I had installed SKSE, EVEN FOLLOWING BOTH VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS AND THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE WEBSITE and provided the information that I already needed to provide for getting help. Stuff I wouldn't have to repeat all over again if you actually read/understood my previous post.

"WHY DO YOU HAVE LOOT?"

None of your business.

Edited by tikibomber

SKSE64 is for special edition.SE doesnt have a TESV.exe it uses SkyrimSE.exe.TESV.exe is only present in oldrim which needs the 32bit version of script extender.

Are you sure you downloaded the correct version of script extender?

Edited by kryten397

SKSE64 is for special edition.SE doesnt have a TESV.exe it uses SkyrimSE.exe.TESV.exe is only present in oldrim which needs the 32bit version of script extender.

Are you sure you downloaded the correct version of script extender?

Yeah I fixed that, but now having issues with a couple of mods not installing right or something.

Everyone else insists that the mods are fine, but I still cannot get my game to load up when the mods are on. And I've ran all the tests, it's the mods, and nothing else.