Inaccurate Warning Popup?

ezpkns34

f36cf5372115a63d3f94f0da8546b29b.png
https://gyazo.com/f36cf5372115a63d3f94f0da8546b29b

This is the 3rd or 4th time I've started up Vortex and had an error warning about Groups needing to be deleted

When I click More (instead of Fix), I get what is pictured above. Every time I've had this warning, I've closed the box pictured above, closed Vortex & re-started. I don't get the warning again after restarting. Seems to come once every week or two

Is it a real warning? It's seemingly asking me to delete a good amount of the base group options (the reason I never hit the Fix button lol)

Thanks for any help/suggestions

Sounds to me like you are running some tool external to Vortex that is creating those groups, like maybe an old version of Loot.

Loot is built in - you should never have to run it.

The error box you are getting - has never happened to me.

I've never even downloaded Loot on this comp, so definitely can't be that

SSEEdit, Dyndolod, Texgen, FNIS, Wrye Bash & zEdit all get run through Vortex

I run CK externally, but have only used it when needing to save a LE mod to change Form version

Edited by ezpkns34

Well running from Vortex is exactly the same as running them externally. Vortex just provides a convenience shortcut.

I guarantee it is not SSEEdit or FNIS - or the CK. I use them all the time.

Run some tests on the others and see if you can correlate when the error occurs. Like, try them one at a time.

Prime candidate would be one that works with groups or lets you assign groups.

I run CK externally, but have only used it when needing to save a LE mod to change Form version

I get that group warning every once in a while, usually when switching Games or Profiles.

I click on Close or OK, or whatever shows up, and Vortex just moves on, and forgets. That was with 0.17.11

I get that group warning every once in a while, usually when switching Games or Profiles.

I click on Close or OK, or whatever shows up, and Vortex just moves on, and forgets. That was with 0.17.11

Yeh, I assumed it was just an occasional blip since it didn't seem to follow any particular pattern, but wanted to check in case. Doesn't seem to actually cause any issues

Thanks for the suggestions & help!

Agreed,operating it through Vortex is as same as that of operating it through any external source.Prime candidate definitely works with groups so its tootally cool though

????

This post is a nonsensical mishmash drawn from comments made earlier by rmm200. Is this another form of spamming?

Agreed,operating it through Vortex is as same as that of operating it through any external source.Prime candidate definitely works with groups so its tootally cool though

????

This post is a nonsensical mishmash drawn from comments made earlier by rmm200. Is this another form of spamming?

I really hope my posts don't come across sounding like that...

????

I really hope my posts don't come across sounding like that...

Your posts are always clear, concise, informative, and well written. Your copycat is obviously just throwing somebody else's words together to make a public splash. I'm suspicious of what he's up to.